What are the chances the Cosco Alpha Omega...

thtr4me

... I found in my parents living room is not expired? I looked all over that seat, and could not find a DOM anywhere. Although it looked like the cover may have had a 2002 date stamped on the tag? It was not easy to read, and I cannot be sure it was a date, but it was the closest thing to a date on the seat that I could find. This is one of my sister's seat for my nephew, and she lives at home with my parents. I talked to both my parents about car seat safety (neither had a clue that seats expire), and when she called later on in the day to check in, gave her a long talk on keeping her little boy safe, and recommended to her that she look into getting an Evenflo Maestro as the most affordable option to keep her kiddo in a harnessed seat.

Any other suggestions, recommendations? And any idea where the DOM is located on that Alpha Omega?

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
There should be a sticker near the side between where the Rear Facing and the Forward Facing belt path is.

I can't remember which side , but that is where it would be. :) Or you might find a "Do not use this restraint after December 20XX" Stamped in the back of the plastic seat shell. IF still no luck (missing stickers or too old for the stamp in it) There should be a set of "dials" imprinted in the back of the seat. One of them will be month, one day, one year. That will also show you the date of manufacture.

Hope that helps!

ETA: How old is the child? Weight? HEight?

mominabigtruck

If you tell us what the cover looks like and whether it adjusts in the back or has red handles in the front headrest we should be able to narrow it down also.
Posted via Mobile Device

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There are also dials on the back, probably at the top right, that will point to month and year. Also, does it say anywhere, "Do not use after December 20XX?"

Wendy

thtr4me

I will have to look over the seat again the next time I am there. I wish I could tell you more, but I don't remeber any of the details of the seat. I did ask them to not use the seat if possible. I will look for the dials and any other imprints on the shell. I looked the seat over very thoroughly a few times trying to find the DOM, or a do not use sticker, but could not find anything.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC