Question Keep it or take it back?

tm4d

Hi, I have lurked here for quite a long time for car seat advice and have a question for you all.

I have been looking for a RF/FF seat to keep permanently in my dd's grandparent's vehicle at a decent price. I found and purchased a Britax Boulevard 70 CS for $122 @ Target last night (it was an online return, wasn't even ever opened) and am trying to decide if this is going to work well for her or not.

She will be 4 in Feb., weighs 30 lbs. and is about 37-38" tall.

If it helps, torso height is approximately 15" or so.

She appears to look fine in the seat, but we currently have one True Fit recline and one True Fit premier and they are just deeper seats with larger "interior" space and more leg room it seems like. With the Boulevard she seems much more "squished" so-to-speak compared to the True Fits and I want to make sure this will last until at least 35 lbs. RF'ing for her if not the full 40. I will have to flip her in the TF's @ 35 lbs. anyway (not looking forward to that day but we probably have at LEAST another year.)

I must say, we've never owned a Britax seat and the ease of installation...oh my. I have never felt like I am strong enough to get a "tight" installation RF'ing with the True Fits or any other seat for that matter (I just have my dh do it and check everything over when he's done - works like a charm) but with this seat I was able to get it tight enough myself, a definite plus.

Anybody have experience with this seat and think it will or won't work OK for her for the duration that she would still be RF'ing?

ADS

CrazyBoysMamma

Does she complain about it? If not I wouldn't worry. Yeah, Britax seats don't have great leg room, but plenty of kids don't care. My middle son rear faced for forever and a day and had zero leg room, but he said he was comfy, so eh, whatever. He always sits with his legs all crammed up by his torso though, FF, on the couch, playing on the floor... And BTW, that's a killer deal!!

tm4d

Yeah, she isn't complaining, she just criss-crosses her legs. I am thinking it will probably do a sufficient job for a seat that isn't a primary one we use anyway. And I really like how high it sits up as far as her seeing stuff and just how generally well-built the seat is too...so when I have to flip her forward come 5 lbs. in the TF's maybe I'll just switch to this one as her primary seat. Still not sure this will take her all the way to 40 lbs. RF'ing as I'm thinking she will be a lot taller 10 lbs. from now but as long as it gets her to 35 I'd be OK with that since our situation with the TF's is going to mean she switches in those @ 35 anyway. Thanks for the feedback :)

tm4d

Happy to report she rode in it happily for the first time last night an hour each way, no complaints with the longer ride either :) I am still in love with the install. Last time we had to put the TF premier in their van ('07 Town & Country) I didn't like the fit nearly as much as I do in our '06 Mazda 5. The Britax fit far better in their T&C than it did in my 5. Just weird how they can be so different.

Athena

Glad it is working for you. I just thought I'd add that my DD recently outgrew the RA55 RF (at 40" and 35-37 pounds, depending on clothing) and and she never complained about the lack of leg room and loved her seat. She was very sad to give it up. If your DD likes hers even half as much, she will be very happy in it. :) At the very end, I started finding it a little harder to get her in and out, but only during the last few months and it was still quite doable.

ETA: Amazing deal! Even if it didn't last you that long, you could probably resell it for more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC