Traveling with a 8 year old and 4.5 year old across Canada

PEIMommyof2

We will be traveling from PEI to Vancouver, BC. DD will be 8 so she is a booster rider! She will be fine in the adult seat on the plane. DS is 4 now but will be 4.5 years when we travel and most likely only 40lbs then. He is 38lbs now in a radian. He sat in a booster 1 time and he did well, not sure what to do when we are in BC, take his radian and install in plane or take a booster?? The radian is so much more heavy than the booster. Any advice would be great!!

ADS

Eclipsepearl

I flew between Europe and California with my Radian several times until my youngest turned 6. I put it on a metal, folding luggage cart and it fit down the aisle. It really wasn't a problem to fly with. The booster is bulkier and you can't use it on the plane.

My dd actually protested when I said we weren't taking it. She was able to sit up higher and see the movie screen better.

The Radian is great ffing. Just use it on the plane. If you have any long drives involving sleeping in the car, he'll be more comfortable.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I flew... with my Radian several times... I put it on a metal, folding luggage cart and it fit down the aisle. The Radian is great ffing.

:yeahthat: Our Radian saw a LOT of trans-Canadian flights. I also used to buckle DS into it once it was on the luggage cart and haul him around on it in the airports too. I missed that ability when he finally outgrew it! (He was a TERRIBLE traveler right around that age and really just needed to be tied up and hauled to our next destination. :whistle:) The Radian's skinniness is also useful when you're cramming people into vehicles at your destination. (DH, my parents, DS and me equal a very full car. ;))

I won't lie though, traveling without a seat is much easier on me (who did all the hauling and installing) than with. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC