Is this an OnBoard?

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I'm trying to help a friend out. They asked me about infant car seats a long time ago and then ended up buying an Eddie Bauer Travel System and an Evenflo Discovery and now they're asking me what I can tell them about those two seats. Based on their description, I think that it is this travel system. The car seat looks like an OnBoard to me? Anyone know if it is? The description says 5-35 lbs. I'm thinking I'll try to talk them into returning the Discovery and getting an extra base for the Eddie Bauer. I'm not sure why they think they want two completely separate seats/bases anyway. :confused:

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
No, I'm pretty sure that's not an Onboard. The Onboards come with an "Aerolite" stroller when they're in travel systems.

I don't see a front-adjusting tail on that car seat. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a rear-adjust seat.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Please note that I could be wrong. :)

This one has the Onboard seat, though:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Aerolite-Sports-Travel/dp/B0036C2QL0/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1321978933&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Aerolite Sports Travel System: Baby[/ame]

ETA: Looking more closely at the pictures side by side, it's entirely possible that the first one is an Onboard. If Target's description is right (they get things wrong a LOT) then it almost has to be. I don't think the Discovery seats go to 35 lbs.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I don't see a tail either, but she did say that it's front adjust. :confused: She told me it's an Eddie Bauer travel system that is black, white, and red. I don't see any others that are those colors. I thought maybe the car seat was the Comfy Carry, but the base looks so much more like an OnBoard base to me.

honeydew

I believe it's an OnBoard. The base looks identical to my sister's OnBoard base and I think you can see the hole where the adjuster tail would come out at the end of the seat.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I see the hole, but no tail. I even zoomed in on the pic.

I cant tell til I actually have the Dorel seats in hand which are what. Half the time the internet descriptions and store tags are wrong. The actual seat labels are the only way to tell sometimes. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC