How dirty is too dirty?

Karen

I sold my friend a radian a few years ago. She has been using it since then. DD just hit 35 pounds so my friend said that she would give it back to me to let DD use to stay RFing in MIL's car. All sounds great...
Here's the catch. The straps are GROSS. And the comfort foam under it was like orange and BLACK. I actually have a spare cover, and we will go without the foam. But the straps are completely coated in grossness. I have some old straps that I replaced because they got a nose bleed on them, and then vomit. I'm really not sure if my bloody vomit straps are better, or if these black ones are better. I can try to clean them, but it is going to take a lot of dawn and scrubbing to get them anywhere near clean.
I really feel like if I'm going to buy new straps I'd rather just buy a new Diono and put my XT in MIL's car. :D
Opinions??? Please???

ADS

hrice

New straps are allot cheaper than a new seat. I would get new straps, buckle and comfort foam and continue to use the seat.

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

mominabigtruck

I haven't taken my new rn apart yet but can't you wash the foam? I always wash the foam with the covers on my britax seats. Personally I'd see how clean you can get the straps. I find that most stuff comes out if you make the effort.
Posted via Mobile Device

aclayton74

Oh I have to do the same thing this week with my niece's radian. She has had hers since 10/08 and her seat does not have the removable straps I think her seat was manufactured 07/08 a month or two before the seats that have the removable straps. She has the supercool cover and it looks terrible. I just got her a Primrose cover and new chest clip. Just waiting for the cover get here. I can't wait to get my hands and that seat!! The straps are going to be tricky since I can't remove them.

Karen

I haven't taken my new rn apart yet but can't you wash the foam? I always wash the foam with the covers on my britax seats. Personally I'd see how clean you can get the straps. I find that most stuff comes out if you make the effort.
Posted via Mobile Device
That cover and the foam in going through the sanitary cycle right now... I may or may not use the foam. And I may or may not just toss the cover. Nothing short of the sanitary cycle was in order...

aclayton74

Um, just called and they are sending me new for FREE!!! Yay!!!

Do you know how much it would be for the foam? Just wondered if they mentioned the price I don't see it on the website. They do have super fast shipping though. I ordered a new chest clip last Wednesday and got it Friday.

Karen

Do you know how much it would be for the foam? Just wondered if they mentioned the price I don't see it on the website. They do have super fast shipping though. I ordered a new chest clip last Wednesday and got it Friday.
She didn't quote me a price for anything. I told her that the foam was ruined too and that if it was required that I would need it. I have no idea if she added it on at all. I thought she was going to give me my total and told me to have a nice Thanksgiving!

aclayton74

She didn't quote me a price for anything. I told her that the foam was ruined too and that if it was required that I would need it. I have no idea if she added it on at all. I thought she was going to give me my total and told me to have a nice Thanksgiving!

I just called and asked how much it would be and she said "Oh I will just send it to you" What awesome customer service. Thanks for posting this thread!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC