Question Which Radian

alexandra.p

I've decided on a Radian, but don't know if I should get one with headwings or not. Price is not an issue...just wondering if people tend to prefer them with or without the headwings. DS is 7.5 months, roughly 28 inches and 18 lbs. He's in a snug ride 35 now, but will probably outgrow it by January. I know he can't use the headwings RF until a certain point. Thanks!

ADS

hrice

I prefer headwings. I think they add extra head SIP. That is my mom gut and is not based on any real fact.

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

turtlemama

I don't like the headwings on mine. I'd much rather have it without. I didn't know that when I bought it though :/

love-pink

Ive had both and much prefer not having them. I was constantly re-adjusting and making sure they were in the right spot. To me they were annoying. ;)

mama2girls

I don't like the headwings because you can't use them with every slot position and they make the seat outgrown slightly sooner because they start resting on your child's shoulders. I'm also skeptical them really offering any SIP, but that's my personal opinion.

armywife12

I had the XTSL and I didn't like the wings once I turned my son FF because they would slip down. It got really annoying. I only picked it because it wasn't much more than the 80SL but, had I known, I would have gone without the wings

Rosey

Interesting. I got the 80SL and LOVE it but something regret not getting wings thinking they'd be safer. But I don't think my son would tolerate wings. He takes out the Radians head support pillow every. time. So I can only imagine him pulling and yelling about the wings acting as "blinders" for him. So I will be happy with what I have.

Interestingly, I recently put in a RA55 and he screams and cries to get in his Radian. LOL!

Pixels

I have one of each, and like them both for different reasons. I like the XT for when I feel a child is particularly vulnerable. I like the non-headwings for puzzling with certain seats (but then again, I wonder if I'm jeopardizing the child in the Radian by doing so).

emtb79

I have both I have my ones that dont have the wings in the back of my van in the middle. And I eventually will get around to it and put the RXT on the side because I like having something between the kid's head and the window in case of an accident.

jnamommy

I do not have a radian with headwings...but my daughter hates the wings in her complete air - she much prefers the wingless Radian, FWIW.

cat mommy

I'm so glad you asked. I was wondering the exact same thing.

How is it that the wings slip down? What is involved in readjusting them?

We have BV70s now, and my kids use the wings for sleeping and are not bothered by them, so I'm leaning toward getting the RXT (over the R120) but I don't want to be constantly fiddling with the wings.

lovemybabies924

I went with the one with-out wings this time.. My Dd outgrew the xtsl months ago and had growing room in the 80sl, so l got the r100 or whatever the diono 65lb one is for my FF 4 year old because I want it to last

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC