Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Need some ideas for 3 across...

Ok here are the cars:
    2004 Volvo V70R--has side curtain airbags
    Child #1: 6.5 yrs. 50 lbs., 54"--currently in a Monarch, but also have a FPSV booster, Parkway

Child #2: 3 years 38.5 lbs., around 39"--currently in a MA(LATCH), but also have a safeguard GO

The FPSV will fit between the buckles in the Volvo in backless mode, and I think i can get another LATCH seat outboard.

2004 or 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe--no side curtain airbags
    Child #3:3 years, 32 lbs. around 38-39"--currently in a MA(Latch)--no other seat at this time

What I need is a preferably one harness seat that can be used for both 3 year olds that we can float between cars. Barring that, 2 cheaper harness seats--one for each of us.
    It won't get a whole lot of use---on an "emergency" basis, or for an occasional outing.

The Santa Fe has some funky looking seatbelt stalks, and no shoulder belt in the middle. I am going to try to install some things in it at a store tomorrow--but wanted any ideas, as it will be HOT. I will have both cars tomorrow, as my sister will be off of work, so I can try several configurations---I haven't installed in her car, and I want to try the belts, because we're going to have to install one harness seat in the center b/c of the lapbelt. So in that car I will have to have a harness seat next to a MA...my head already hurts. Anyone have a Santa Fe and more than one seat?
    TIA!
    The Groovymom, Mom to DS v1.0 in a seatbelt and DS v2.0, in the Monterrey

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Need some ideas for 3 across...

food for thought. the marathons are pretty wide. check out my sig for 3 across. i ONLY 3 across.
    Julie- Mama in a 1994 volvo 940
    Nathan-4/03 Granite Radian FF and 40lbs 41"
    David-7/05 Britax Marathon Graystone RF 25 lbs 34"
    Gabriel-12/06 Scerena RF and 24lbs 27"