SK Dry seat arrived today!

Morganthe

And The Dry Seat Pad has been installed in my Radian already. I couldn't help it. I was very curious.
DrySeat5260.jpg

So, here's the scoop. The material is similar to the grey seat, but 2 shades darker. The other side is Nylon/waterproof material. The edges are lined with a soft material. At each corner are velcro tabs that open to fit around the lap part of the harness. So nothing has to be pulled out or fiddled with.

I managed to get a three way hook up on the existing velcro on the side of the radian make it even more secure. I'm pretty impressed. It fits the seat very well.

I believe it's going to add a little more comfort padding to the bottom of that seat + protect dd against that sharp edged crotch strap when she's wearing shorts or a dress on her legs. I might even pull off the round buckle pad. Never helped her anyway :shrug-shoulders:
I ordered it from Amazon. For 1 pad, it was about $14 with shipping. That was $4. It will be nice to have peace of mind for our longer trips. DD is really great, but distances are long outside of town between decent rest stops.

ADS

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
It really does look like it would help with comfort, although none of my kiddos have ever complained when riding in the Radian. Still, I want to know that I'm doing what I can to make them as comfortable as possible when we go on long car trips. I just might have to look for one of these! Thanks for sharing the pic!

Yoshi

We have one too!!! :p :p I also got the plush wrap harness covers from SKJP also- VERY SOFT- I mean MUCH softer than the ones that came with the seat.

Morganthe

Thanks for sharing the pic!

:eek: Ummm, actually, that's the photo from the SK website :eek: My Radian is Grey. :)

If you want photos, I'll take some this weekend and upload them. But other than the seat color difference, it's identical in how its positioned.

Thanks Yoshi about the seat harness wraps. That's really nice to know. I'll be sure and order those too since I know they're different. DD really really misses the quality of her M-C pads. I'm tempted to use a tiny adhesive velcro on the belt & interior of the pad to keep them in one spot, but they're still soft.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I have been looking for one of those. I wanted one for our vacation just in case of an accident but couldn't find one anywhere. As it was, we ended up taking the Boulevard and a spare cover. We never had a blowout in the car thankfully. But, Karley's diaper had a wet blowout in Cabela's in the Maclaren. The lady at Cabela's told us she couldn't give us a plastic bag unless we bought something! :eek: Finally they caved when my hubby told them we had peed clothes. It was a huge mess. I bet those would work in a Maclaren Techno wouldn't they? I need to order a couple of those for vacations.

Morganthe

I have been looking for one of those. I wanted one for our vacation just in case of an accident but couldn't find one anywhere. As it was, we ended up taking the Boulevard and a spare cover. We never had a blowout in the car thankfully. But, Karley's diaper had a wet blowout in Cabela's in the Maclaren. The lady at Cabela's told us she couldn't give us a plastic bag unless we bought something! :eek: Finally they caved when my hubby told them we had peed clothes. It was a huge mess. I bet those would work in a Maclaren Techno wouldn't they? I need to order a couple of those for vacations.

Poor you!! I've been very fortunate. The only time dd had problems with blowout in the car was when she was sick. I had plenty of warning to line her seat with that soft material-like vinyl. But the corners would be a problem now just due to the amount she'd put out at this age.

Yes, this will work for a stroller too. LOL "Fits all carseats and Buggies". So cute in the description.

Oh wow -- hidden on the bottom of the box is this:
Warning: there is no warranty either expressed or implied that use of this product will eliminate the possibility of any injury that may otherwise occur. For crash testing information, visit www.skjp.com :eek: :confused: :confused:
Hey, It's a seat protector pad, not a lifejacket :p

mommycat

Maybe a dumb question, but why is it ok to use this if we are not supposed to use any aftermarket products, especially stuff that goes behind/under the baby?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmm... might keep all that FOOD out of the bottom of Leah's seat and out of the seams in the cover... (who gives that kid french fries and m&m's...? :eek: )

:)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Maybe a dumb question, but why is it ok to use this if we are not supposed to use any aftermarket products, especially stuff that goes behind/under the baby?

IT isn't a dumb question. :)

This thing is actually REALLY thin. So is the Kiddopatomus Piddle Pad. I think that is why it is okay. :)

ThreeBeans

Not a dumb question :)

This product was specifically made for and tested with the Radian during crash testing. I wouldn't use it another seat, probably, but I am more than comfortable ordering a few for the Radian.

ccjones

I just ordered two of these from Baby Majestic (a store on ebay). The total for two with shipping was $20. DH and I are going to start some pretty intense potty training with J next month, and we go to the beach the first week in September. These pads, if they work, will be awesome for potty accidents and the wet swim trunks at the beach.

sb518

I didn't even think about using them for wet swim suits! that's a great Idea!! Now I want one :rolleyes: and a radian to go with it...

Holly

I want some of these too. My dd just turned 2 and in a few months I'm sure we're going to be more seriously potty training her. I also think it would just be nice to help keep the seat part cleaner. My cover is champaign and it got filthy after just one vacation!

So, that piece in the picture that the buckle comes out of, is that a part of it, or does it deatch? I'm wondering if that would get in the way of the belly pad?
Also, my car seat is installed with latch, so will this seat pad fall out if there is no seat belt to hook it around?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Also, my car seat is installed with latch, so will this seat pad fall out if there is no seat belt to hook it around?

I don't think the seatbelt is what holds this in. I believe the harness goes through the slots in this pad.

Morganthe

I don't think the seatbelt is what holds this in. I believe the harness goes through the slots in this pad.

Yep, it has nothing to do with the carseat installation connectors (besides, the seatbelt runs behind the entire seatpad.) It velcros around the harness.

Dd has been using it with the belly pad and there's no interference from the edging around the opening. In fact, I really appreciate it since it prevents ick from just falling down in between the seat pad and the mechanisms underneath.

Now, I'd just like one a little less square, much wider, and matching the Madison pattern. :p Even the Pink princess style would blend better when I use the Regent for distance driving.
Which I will be .... SOON! I'll have to see how this fits in that seat in the next couple days.

But I'll just put dd in pullups for 'just in case' and we'll still make regular pitstops for our multi-day journey. She appreciates the extra protection too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC