Suggestions

oddduck

I'm looking to buy a car within the next 24-48 hours. My Jeep is completely unreliable atm. I have 10-12K CAD to spent, could go higher (but it would require putting it on my LOC). I would like it to be no older then 2007 and with under 100,000km on it. This will be our second vehicle. I need to be able to fit a hockey back in the back and an umbrella stroller in the trunk (or hatch).

We are planning on having a 3rd within the next couple years, so in 2-3 years we would want to be able to do 3 across (likely 1 HBB, 1 FF, 1 RF).

We are planning on test driving a Malibu, Fusion & Taurus tonight. Any other suggestions?

ADS

Brianna

2007 Malibus are the last year of the older style, except for the 2008 Malibu Classic. All 2008 and newer that aren't labeled Classic are the newer style. I know the newer style has a hump in the middle seat that I find annoying for tipping. You may find a 2007 or 2008 Classic is more 3 across friendly because the back seat is flat. I do :love: my 08 Malibu though. The trunk is huge.

oddduck

We ended up getting a 2011 Ford Fusion with 34,000km on it ($17k vs the $10-12k I wanted to spend). DH test drove one and fell in love. We had a very knowledgeable sales person who knew the car well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC