Mom/Toddler kicked off plane...

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
That is nuts! That stewardess should at least be suspended if not lose her job IMHO!

Last edited:

groovymom2000

I saw that article this morning---although courtesy of The Fark. :rolleyes: Idiot FA....makes me more happy that we're driving to FL next month, rather than flying. I really am beginning to hate flying...I don't moo very well.

vlsnodg

The flight attendant needs to relax. It is crazy to turn a plane around just because a 19 month old is talking.

Virginia

Eleanor (8yrs) soon to be in a pink booster
Henry (4yrs) Blue Boutquet Regent

Morganthe

The flight attendant needs to relax. It is crazy to turn a plane around just because a 19 month old is talking.

And they already had an 11 hour delay before boarding!!

I would have informed the idiot stewardess that Benadryl has now been shown to cause activity, not sleepiness in children. And my dd always went hyper on the stuff :p

She'll get fired because of this AND due to lying about the supposed threats to her to get the pilot to turn around.

ajweeks

I just can't believe this! I would be so mad. What is wrong with people these days! You can't exactly made a 19 month old shut up, they don't understand.

MsFacetious

I saw that earlier..

I'm surprised the stewardess didn't tell the pilot that the baby was making threats.

I was sure there would be something in the article about "bye bye plane" being intimidating or threatening to the aircraft or something.

I would probably cry if that happened to me. I would be so proud and excited that my child was talking and expressing herself. She LOVES planes and I'm sure she would be talking up a storm. (One of the rare things that actual makes her happy and act like a 3 year old.) That lady probably would have gotten an earful about "do you know how much we went through to GET her to talk, do you know how huge it is that she IS talking??? Do you realize she doesn't get happy like this about hardly anything and this is like a once in a lifetime experience for us??!!!"

Yeah it would have been ugly if I had been in that situation. Lol. But, it's ridiculous. I think ALL the passengers on that plane should throw a fit about this. They were all inconvenienced.

ThreeBeans

Unfluckin' believable :mad:

The kid was TALKING...a BABY! It wasn't even a loud obstreperous PRESCHOOLER, just a little baby!

I hope somebody kicks the flight attendant in the head :D

teekadog

The last time we flew, we decided to buy a tent and a bigger car and bring back the family roadtrip. Flying has just gotten ridiculous, we're done.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
This was on the radio this morning. People kept using phrases like, "Badly behaved," and "Squalling kids." Then, a doctor called in to say that Benedry is "very safe at the recommended dose," and that "adverse reactions are less likely than getting struck by lightening while sitting in your living room," and that, "while some people get more active, that's rare," and that the FA was not at all out of line for recommending the drug. THAT made me SO ANGRY.

Benedryl may be very safe at recommended levels, but there's not such thing as "Baby" Benadryl or "Infant" Benadryl. There is CHILDREN's Benadryl, but THERE IS NO DOSAGE INFO FOR CHILDREN UNDER AGE 6 ON THE BOTTLE! It says, "Ask a doctor." This means that even if the mother had wanted to give it to her baby, she wouldn't have had the correct dosage information without talking to a doctor (or pharmacist), which isn't exactly easy when the plane is already taxiing down the runway!

ThreeBeans

Perhaps that doctor would like to take a look at my son's medical records; he spent a night in the pedi icu due to benadryl. (Granted, he had quite a bit more than the average dose :eek: )

Jordynsmama

I would have flipped my lid :eek: if any b**** (excuse me) ever told me to shut the baby up and to give my son baby benadryl b/c he he is flippin saying bye bye b/c the plane is going bye bye. I mean seriously that woman conducted her self so well. I cannot do that. I hope she goes sue freakin happy. The pilot should never have taken the stewardess' word that she "threatened her" plus that is child discrimination. OOOOOOoooohh. :mad:

broken4u05

i feel so sorry for that woman it is hard enough flying with children than to add this. And it is not like the child is upset and crying the whole time. He was happy and saying bye to the plane. I think that is cute. And even if he was crying it is still not the FA place to tell a mom to drug her kid and make them get off the flight

:mad: I'm already PMSing and my Enraged Mama Bear hormones are going into hyper-mode over this!!! :soapbox: I'd like to have a little chat with that FA... :fencing:

mommy2env

I would have busted a scene. I cannot believe this, I hope she gets a good chunk of money for that discrimation! :soapbox:

JessicaS

Just to play the devil's advocate, the kid probably would've been quieter if he was in a carseat in his own seat. :) Anna always sleeps on the plane!

mommycat

This pisses me off. It's depressing to think that there are doctors out there who would stand up for drugging a child unnecessarily like that. There is NO reason to give anyone medication aside from illness of some sort. Normal, age appropriate behaviour is NOT something that requires medication. Even if it was annoying as hell to the other passangers, it would still just be a normal hazard of going out in public. Come on! :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC