Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Shell height on EFTA and Onside Air?

According to the data sheets on this site, the EFTA and the Onside Air have very similar shell heights. Is this really the case? It's always mentioned how the EFTA has such a tall shell, but according to the data sheets, the Myride and MA65 have taller shells.
    Megan, mama to Genevieve (7/09, 43lbs, 42") ff Frontier and Roundabout 50, and Kristoffer (2/12, 22lbs, 33") rfing Nextfit and MySize. #3 due 9/17!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Re: Shell height on EFTA and Onside Air?

Isn't the difference an inch (iirc 23 for the onside/scenera and 24 for the EFTA?)

An inch is a lot in CPS land. It can take many months, up to a year for some older kids, to grow that inch. Both seats have shells that are more than adequate for getting most children to a safe forward facing age. The biggest difference is the EFTA will keep the child harnessed longer forward facing. The scenera has historically been the budget seat of choice because it's shell is that tall.

Keep in mind that the MA65 is the old version, not the new one.
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

The bowl shape of the EFTA means that it fits kids longer than measurement indicates.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

I have measure my DD in both and the evenflo give her in my opinion like 1.5-2 inches more
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

Carseat Crazy

Ok, thanks, I was confused by the measurements given. The data sheets on here actually give the measurements for both as being 23.5". I'm trying to find something for our truck that won't over recline, as our EFTA has been over reclined for quite a while and won't install more upright due to the flatness of our seats. The harness adjuster on our Myride is so difficult to pull that it pulls the front of the seat up with it when it's in the truck and we also have an RA50 I haven't tried in there yet. My DD is for the time being riding in a CCO, in which she has no growing room and is so squished she's hard to buckle. It's a trick trying to find the right thing!
    Megan, mama to Genevieve (7/09, 43lbs, 42") ff Frontier and Roundabout 50, and Kristoffer (2/12, 22lbs, 33") rfing Nextfit and MySize. #3 due 9/17!