Does anyone use a turbobooster as their main booster?

todzwife

Is it ok for an all-the-time seat for a 6 year old (who will ride in a frontier on long trips). DD saw one that she LOVED (super pink)and it's inexpensive compared to the others, so that's a big selling point for me.

ADS

creideamh

Yup, my 6 y/o cousin does. Fits her like a dream (small/skinny) and she's very good about sitting still (without me even educating her, actually.) She chose it as her main seat over the Monterey, PWSG and BK Sport.

sirrahn

My 6 yr old only rides in a turbo. We do also have an old style parkway but the turbo fits her really nicely and she loves the pretty cover.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Car-Seat.Org

rxmommy

My 7-year-old does. She loves it - no complaints at all! Of course it does help that it's pink with butterflies. ;)

Holly

Yes, the turbo elite is my 6 year old's seat, it's all she's ridden in since October. She fits in it well and it wasn't expensive. We got the elite instead of a regular just because we loved the posie cover and because the cover didn't have the extra pillows in the head rest area, those pillows bug me.

MommyShannon

My 6 year old can't buckle hers so it's our back up seat. The back moves when she tries to pull out the seatbelt. She picked out a pretty one and was all excited. After one day though I put her nautilus as a booster back in there and she has never asked for the TB again. She is pretty slow in general getting out at school so its nice the nauti is latched in. It probably helps that her nauti is pink with butterflies so it's pretty too.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Our oldest 2 kids used turbos as main seats. Now our niece and nephew use them as main seats. No complaints from any of them.

mkmama

Yep, DS1's only seat is a TB now since he outgrew the Radian and Nauti harnessed...he uses it even on long trips.

Mags462

I did for a while..... but DS1 kept forgetting to buckle it when he would get out and i got tired of always reminding him! :eek: So he went in to the Monterey so i don't have to worry about it :) But truth be told he preferred the TB and still asks to switch back every now and then.

crunchierthanthou

I did for a while..... but DS1 kept forgetting to buckle it when he would get out and i got tired of always reminding him! :eek: So he went in to the Monterey so i don't have to worry about it :)

this!

I had no issues with fit or function. We just forgot to buckle it when empty.

JujuMama

My 8 year old rides in a Turbo because it is the only booster that fits 3 across in my back seat. It fits her well and she loves the pink pattern.

aetj115

One of my twins is in a hb turbo. It won't fit my 7 yo daughter who is huge! But, the twins will be 6 next month and fit nicely.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
My 7yo rides in one every day. She loves that it's pink and it was cheap. I feel 100% that she's safe in it.

zactayaus

My DD used TB's as her main ride in both of our vehicles from the time she was 7 1/2 till her 12th b-day. DS2 took them over when he turned 7 1/2 and we just replaced those with two new TB's for him.

daniele_ut

My 7 year old rides in a HB Turbo in dh's car to school every day. It's a 30 minute drive that includes freeway driving and I think he's very safe.

kater-tot82

It was my DD's main seat from 6.5-7.5. We got a Monterey then because she needed more head support on long trips. But it fit her great and was perfect while we used it.

skaterbabs

my boys used them for several years. The Turbo is a workhouse. lol It is however, somewhat short, so most kids will outgrow it before they're tall enough to be completely without a booster. IMO, this is not a problem as long as you're aware of it and willing to purchase a larger booster when the time comes.

Athena

It is however, somewhat short, so most kids will outgrow it before they're tall enough to be completely without a booster.

How short? For example, how does it compare to the Nautilus? I am just learning about boosters and had not realized so many were so short. :( And my slim kid is already going to be restricted to ones that fit her small frame well, so I'm really hoping there will be one that fits a small frame and is tall too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC