Reposting this here. Your opinion on my Regent installs..

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Okay after many hours of sweat and now a hurt shoulder I think I might have gotten.

I moved 1 of the Regent to my Tahoe. Here is that install. My only concern is the recline bar placement. I currently have it in the seat bite b/c putting it up high on the seat put the recline bar sitting right on top of the lower anchor hooks. I can't get it to sit in between or higher just not happening.
IMG_8346.jpg

IMG_8347.jpg

Next is dh truck. The belt stalk has 3 full twists but the buckle is starting to come back in the belt path. Yes, The outside cover on the male end of the buckle is coming apart at a seam. It's just the plastic cover and not the buckle itself. It does not compromise the intergridy of the seatbelt.
IMG_8351.jpg

Both are in rock solid but just those 2 concerns that I need reassurance they are okay.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The main rule about the recline bar is that the base of the seat itself is flat on the vehicle seat, right? So in that case, you're A-ok on the first one. And the second, it's a free sliding latchplate, so it's ok if it's tipped a little (not like a locking latchplate that could loosen if tipped)...I don't know how they'd expect us to do it any other way, so :thumbsup: there, too :)

LOVE your safari mobile theme, lol. (that cougar better not get hungry for hamburger for lunch, rofl!)

Man, I NEED to get a recline bar...I know my Husky doesn't require one and I hate them, but I should be 'in the trenches' with you guys on this issue :cool:

SPJ&E

I think it looks great (but I don't know much about Regents)!

I just wanted to say that I've done the same thing to a latchplate in my car...it's not coming apart at the seam, but I did snap it in half the other day when reinstalling Pacey's DC! It got caught on the RF lockoff and I didn't know it...I pulled...it snapped. Luckily it was just the plastic housing that hides the metal and makes it looks "pretty"!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I just wanted to say that I've done the same thing to a latchplate in my car...it's not coming apart at the seam, but I did snap it in half the other day when reinstalling Pacey's DC! It got caught on the RF lockoff and I didn't know it...I pulled...it snapped. Luckily it was just the plastic housing that hides the metal and makes it looks "pretty"!

When I first saw it I almost freaked out. Then dh took a better look at it and said it was where the covers plastic seam was that came apart. He can see the metal behind it. Like you said it just makes it look pretty which I don't really care as long as it works properly. Now the other outboard seatbelt is doing the same thing. I am sure it's due to the pressure of installing seat in those positions.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
The main rule about the recline bar is that the base of the seat itself is flat on the vehicle seat, right? So in that case, you're A-ok on the first one. And the second, it's a free sliding latchplate, so it's ok if it's tipped a little (not like a locking latchplate that could loosen if tipped)...I don't know how they'd expect us to do it any other way, so :thumbsup: there, too :)

LOVE your safari mobile theme, lol. (that cougar better not get hungry for hamburger for lunch, rofl!)

Man, I NEED to get a recline bar...I know my Husky doesn't require one and I hate them, but I should be 'in the trenches' with you guys on this issue :cool:

Thanks Julie as this is the only way I could get our Regents to work. Kaylee is MADDER then a hornet that she had to give up her Zebra MA for the UGLY Onyx Regent again in dh truck. So, Now she is soley in a Regent in both vehicle and Kinlee is only in MA's in all vehicles. Plus Kaylee doesn't like that she isn't up as high in my truck either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC