slot heights

kirst

I currently have a blvd and was thinking about getting a radian xtsl if I can find a good deal. anyone know of one? but I was wondering how high the third slot is on it because I really like the wings on her blvd and was woundering if she was tall enough or how much farther shed have to go until they could be used? if I remember right her torso was 14 or 14.5in at 8 mos she is currently 9mos

ADS

creideamh

Don't have exact specs but no way will a 9 month old be on slot 3. DD with a long torso was still on slot 1 at 7 months. Part of the reason why I sold it- it'd be a good 1-2 years til she could use the headwings.

lovemybabies924

Ya I doubt she can use headwings now... But in the future :) my 10m old still dosnt reach either

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

armywife12

Its possible. My cm friend has a 4 month old using the 3rd slot. She has pics showing it. My 6 month olds torso is about 11.5 inches but I haven't checked the fit in the radian

kirst

I may just have to try it I just cant make up my mind. if jon wouldnt think im crazy for buying another seat I would just do it! I would have to order it so does anyone know of any good deals where theres a good return policy if it doesnt work out in our cars?

kirst

I got my radian in the mail on fri! I have got it installed in her grandparents car because I cant get it to fit in my car but hopefully that new angle adjuster will help. she is on the third slot so we can use the headwings! just thought I would send an update. I also was wondering how hard can I brace it behind my driverseat? can I scoot my seat back as far as I want as long as it doestnt start pushing the carseat off the seat?

Last edited:

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
In your photo, is the seat in the center seating position? What vehicle is that? *Most* vehicles do NOT allow use of LATCH in the center seating position.

kirst

that is in an 07 tahoe and yes it is in the center. I have looked before and if im right it does let u use latch in the center. thanks for asking and let me know if im wrong so I dont do it in her grandparents car agian. I do know the my accord wont allow me to use center latch. is there some kind of trick on getting that seat more upright until I can get the wedge?

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Re: Bracing -

Check your vehicle manual.

Many newer vehicles have airbags that use sensors to determine the weight in the seat and adjust the deployment of the airbags. Bracing is NOT allowed in those seats as it interferes with the sensors (giving false information).

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
that is in an 07 tahoe and yes it is in the center. I have looked before and if im right it does let u use latch in the center. thanks for asking and let me know if im wrong so I dont do it in her grandparents car agian. I do know the my accord wont allow me to use center latch. is there some kind of trick on getting that seat more upright until I can get the wedge?

Glad you researched it :) *Most* vehicles don't allow it, that is why I asked.

That specific make/nodel has 2 sets of LATCH in the 2nd row

only two sets of Latch connectors in this car (one in the center position and one on the right side).

So be aware that there is NO LATCH driver side. You would need to use a seat belt in that position.

You do need to check the manual though that you can brace or touch the front seats. Some vehicles do not allow bracing, others do not allow touching, the same rules apply to different car seats...

You would need to look in the child restraint AND the air bag sections of the owners manuals, as well as the child restraint manuals :) Hope that helps.

ETA HERE is a link to a thread showing how to get it more upright.

kirst

thanks for all the help and the link was very helpfull ill have to give it another try. I got the wedge ordered so im hopefull! I think I can brace on the drivers seat in my accord but I was woundering how hard I can brace it. im scared of damaging the carseat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC