2 Econobum covers and 2 Econobum prefolds for $10 shipped

ADS

Mags462

I miss having a baby in prefolds :( *snif*

And thanks for the tip.... i will tell my CD'ing friend.... she's been needing more covers!

Pixels

No, they don't start fitting until a bit bigger. Most diapers rated from 8-whatever pounds don't actually fit an 8 pound newborn, though they might fit an 8-pound two week old. Newborns are a different shape than an older baby, even if they are the same weight and length.

They run large on the other end as well, my 30 + pound, 37 inch 3.5yo fits them on the medium rise setting.

Angela

Well, I went ahead and ordered one of each trim color. :) We're not going to start cloth until the baby is a couple weeks old and we'll have others in case they don't fit right away. Thanks for posting that!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Thanks! DD is starting to outgrow her MEOS diapers (!) She is only 21 lbs! Something about the way she's shaped, I guess. It will be worth trying this. I don't want to spend a ton on new diapers for her because she's showing so much potty-learning readiness (she's finally trying to sign to us when she needs to go!). PLUS, my step-daughter has registered for Econobum diapers so it will give her a chance to see some in person. This is perfect. :)

keri1292

They run large on the other end as well, my 30 + pound, 37 inch 3.5yo fits them on the medium rise setting.

Meanwhile my chunky 22lb-er has been on the largest rise and 2nd to the last snaps since he was 9 months. I was actually going to post a "How long did one size dipes actually fit your baby?" question because I can't see how he's going to make it to potty training in any of his one size dipes. His BG pockets are really snug on his thighs. I am cramming him into his FB mediums. The Flips have the best chance for lasting.

Well, I went ahead and ordered one of each trim color. :) We're not going to start cloth until the baby is a couple weeks old and we'll have others in case they don't fit right away. Thanks for posting that!

I love the covers! I found the prefolds bulky.

I love the covers too. Angela, the prefolds are bulky for itty bitties, so I'd grab some infant size/preemie size prefolds for the beginning. I also found that prepping them by boiling made them shrink more and quilt up nicer. Unfortunately I only did that with the 4 sets I ordered in this sale, so the rest of mine are extra bulky. Just a tip! :)

Pixels

My 19.5 lb, 27.5 inch DS has major thigh chub and he is on the medium rise if I trifold a prefold, or the highest rise if he's wearing a fitted. Part of it is the thighs, part of it is just the way he's shaped. As a little guy, he outgrew newborn disposable diapers (several brands) by rise when I still had the tabs overlapping. We had to go to one-size cloth because they gave me the best ability to fit both his rise and his waist.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC