Britax is sending out techs

MsFacetious

I think this is their game plan with everyone.

They are trying to find a tech in my area to come out and look at my seats. I'm guessing they will do that first (what do you think the odds are that they find one who is familiar with the seat?) Before deciding what to do about my problem.

That answers how they would differentiate between people with actual install issues and those just looking for a free seat... send out a tech.

Funny thing is, it doesn't matter if a tech can eventually get them in in an hour... it is still useless if I can't do it myself. Not terribly practial to go to the tech every week or two when I move my seats... lol.

But, well see. Who knows maybe there is a tech in this state who has a couple Regents and has installed several? A tech as fabulous as the ones on this board?

Yeah right... ;)

ADS

mommy2jana

I just talked to Vashti at Britax. She told me to go find a CPST in my area to see if they can help me with my install - if I'm still having problems, then to call them back with the make, model and year of my vehicle and what problems I'm having and they would have their "teams" work on my install. If they can't get it to work....then they "may" offer me another seat.

Good luck with the tech...I doubt the tech in my area is familiar with the Regent. Jana's Regent is the only one I've ever saw IRL. Kids here that are Jana's age are already in boosters or no carseats at all!

I really am keeping my fingers crossed for you, Chelsae!!!!

ZephyrBlue

So, what happens if the techs can't get a good install? Will they give you seats that will work, or refund you for the Regents?

I wonder what happens if they can't find a tech in someone's area? The only ones I've found here are through the local PD and they are, um, less than happy at seat checks. They'd be THRILLED, I'm sure, to meet with someone and wrestle with a Regent when it's 105 out :rolleyes:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
& are they personally contacting every tech in the US to make sure the they're familiar with the Regent? Because most techs have only ever heard of it or maybe seen pictures....

MySillyKids

I dont trust the local tech's here. When i took my seats to get checked, they had NO idea what they were doing.

They asked me what the RF'ing weight limit was on my ss2. Uh, it doesnt RF. They were getting mad that Graco hadn't included the RF'ing limits to the sticker on the side of the seat. I had to tell them at LEAST 20 times, that it was a FF seat only.

I was extremely less than impressed with them regarding the Regent. They told me that DS needed to be in the 'booster' mode. Eh. We'll see.

I hope you get what you need! :)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
& are they personally contacting every tech in the US to make sure the they're familiar with the Regent? Because most techs have only ever heard of it or maybe seen pictures....

Yeah, at my cert class (when I brought the Regent up in conversation), they said that most would never come in contact with one (but they didn't realize that they were carried at BRU either at the time...)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's an interesting "solution." Hmm...

I agree with the others. What are the chances of finding a CPST who is actually familiar with the Regent and its installation methods?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yeah, at my cert class (when I brought the Regent up in conversation), they said that most would never come in contact with one (but they didn't realize that they were carried at BRU either at the time...)

:rolleyes: Geez. :rolleyes:

Around here, I don't think that would be the case at all. I see Regents and Huskies ALL THE TIME! I hope CPSTs around here are familiar with them because there are a TON of them.

MsFacetious

The only techs I've seen couldn't figure out the long belt path install so they just used a locking clip for the short belt path.

I have yet to find one who was actually familiar with the seat. Even the ones that the Kyle Miller Foundation uses just use the short belt path to install the seats.

So yes, I'm sure this tech whoever they are will be thrilled. Especially when they realize you can only put them in the 2nd row, and when you put them side by side you can't use the seatbelt or they unbuckle each other. Yes, I'm sure they will love it. ;) I'd love one in each row, except you can't put it in the third row.

We'll see though. With my luck the tech will get them in and be comfortable with the install, but I won't be. So I'll have to get different seats anyway.

I saw a Husky one time in an SUV and I about peed my pants with excitement... lol.

Ahzryn

Um, and what if you ARE a tech, very familiar with the seat itself and all the tricks in general, and you can't get it in?!? ;)

MsFacetious

There is actually only 1 store within a 200 miles radius that carries the Regent on a regular basis.

And they didn't tell me what they plan to do if they can't find a tech who's familiar with it. I also let them know I had already tried a tech when I got the first Regent and that is how I knew these other installation ways wouldn't work. It wasn't a tech familiar with the Regent but I did work with them.

I also let her know that techs were also having problems, it wasn't just me.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
:( It's a nice solution in theory, but so far, i'm the only tech around where I live that's even seen a Britax. I was the one who brought it up that Britax tethers RFing as well. They all were shocked :eek: They were making fun of how big their Husky demo was in CPST class. I seriously doubt anyone here has even installed one. *sigh* I really hope you find a solution. This just stinkies!

Morganthe

I really don't think highly of this 'solution', especially since on this board we have HOW MANY TECHS??, some with lots of experience with the Regent who still are baffled by the new Britax installation rules. They're just too new for Anyone to have knowledge of them. Too bad they aren't sending out Britax Reps or Engineers to install your seats. I'd be so much more respectful then. :thumbsup:

When I first talked with Victor, he brought up my visiting a tech in this town. I told him it was a poor offer since I can fully well install the Regent in my car without any trouble by the old methods. I doubt that a tech could do it any differently :shrug-shoulders: I might be arrogant about it, but I understand the instructions, know my car, and actually enjoy installation attempts. (Provided it's not over 90 degrees outside).

I really don't think that techs in this tiny city have much experience with Britax products, let alone a Regent. I've only seen 2 Britax seats installed in cars during the 18 months I've lived here. Those didn't even have TX license tags :p

supercrunch

hmmm...any techs on this board in the DC area if I have trouble?

My dd can still use LATCH. I know it fits well without the recline bar and using LATCH... but I want to see if I can get it in with the seatbelt once the recline bar arrives.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I see Regents and Huskies all the time in the DC area, so I hope there are some CPSTs who know about them! I hope...

MsFacetious

Yes I was trying not to come across as arrogant but I wanted to tell the woman how many carseats I've put in this van, ect... but I didn't. I was just nice and sweet and said I had already tried to call techs, I had seen a tech without any luck, but I'd be more than happy to work with a tech of their choosing.

I'd love to see the solution for the techs...lol. Maybe send out another one? How many techs does it take to install a Regent with the new instructions?

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I think this is their game plan with everyone.

They are trying to find a tech in my area to come out and look at my seats. I'm guessing they will do that first (what do you think the odds are that they find one who is familiar with the seat?) Before deciding what to do about my problem.

That answers how they would differentiate between people with actual install issues and those just looking for a free seat... send out a tech.

Funny thing is, it doesn't matter if a tech can eventually get them in in an hour... it is still useless if I can't do it myself. Not terribly practial to go to the tech every week or two when I move my seats... lol.

But, well see. Who knows maybe there is a tech in this state who has a couple Regents and has installed several? A tech as fabulous as the ones on this board?

Yeah right... ;)

Well seeing as I am a tech not sure that is going to help me any.

MsFacetious

She called me, again and said that upper management is still in a meeting. But she wanted to ask me what I would like them to do, since I've already seen a tech.

I told her I really didn't know. That while my kids were still small enough to fit in Marathons, I would hate to go back to those because they wouldn't last as long. However, I really didn't think a tech would have any luck but I was perfectly willing to work with one. I told her it's really up to Britax I just need seats I can use. Whatever is the best way to accomplish that is fine with me. If I had Marathons those would probably last me about 3 years. Not as good as 6, but it would give me time to save up for Recaros which would last longer.

I let her know the techs here just use the short belt path with the locking clip because they can't work the long belt path. But, that I had gotten these seats in order to use the long belt path. That using a locking clip is very difficult for me because of the numbness in my hands... so, I got these seats to avoid using one. I also mentioned that even if a tech could get it in, that didn't help me if I couldn't get it back in each time I needed to move it.

I also told her I would be more comfortable using them with the short belt path against instructions, if they told me why it changed. No answer there.

But either way I appreciate her calling me and following up with me. I feel 100% better just because of that. Hopefully they will come up with a solution for everyone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC