Carseats and golf carts

BabyKaykes

DH and I went on a cruise this week. Our first stop was in Catalina, which, if you don't know, is a small island off SoCal. Its small, there's lots of hills, and most people on the island, drive golf carts, not cars. We're 'currently' a 6 OR 60 state (not for much longer, woo hoo!). DH and I did a 1hr golf cart tour and it was written huge on the wall of the rental place, "children under 6yr OR 60lb MUST ride in a child safety seat". Below the sign...a large stack of Sceneras and Cosco High Back Boosters (the ones with the harness).

SO, commence the golf cart tour! Three babies from the ship (all under 1yr) FF, sleeping, and slumped over, in Sceneras. Several BIG kids (like 4/5/6yo) in way outgrown Cosco seats, in the harness. What's the consensus here? DS is over 40lb, but fits by height in both those seats. I'm sure the golf carts provided a decent install, but in a golf cart, with a lap only belt and low sides, I'd want a top tether for security. ONE couple had their baby in his RF SS1,, but I still felt bad for him, because in the entire 4.5day trip, I think I saw that baby outside of the seat one time.

The good....we passed a really nice looking cart. A 6-seater with high back seats, TWO RF Cuddle MyRides in the second row. How they managed, I dunno. But DH has declared me officially insane because I was way excited about it.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My friend (a CPST-I) goes to Catalina every year and always texts me photos of the car seats she sees there.

I'm pretty sure the child restraint laws don't apply to golf carts so it's sort of a moot point. A lot of them have rear-facing seats, so that raises another issue.

I'd rather have a baby/little kid in something (presuming it's installed tightly and the kid fits) than nothing. A bigger kid I'd be fine with having in the cart itself rather than in an outgrown seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC