Samko and Miko selling a 2006 seat labelled as 2008

PurpleCat

I'm in Ontario and the Samko and Miko sale is on town. One of the moms on the board posted this in a thread:

i was looking at the combi centre dx car seat ($29 at the sale) and all my google searches seem to suggest it was made in 2006.

dh went to the sale and bought the carseat. it had a paper sticker on it saying 2008., but if you peel up the paper sticker, there's a thicker permenant sticker saying 2006.

dh called combi canada, and they said yes it was the 2006 model, but was recalled and they fixed the parts, and now it is a 2008 model.

:eek: :eek:

This must be a mistake right?!

Can someone with better connections look into this for me please? The sale is in town for a few more days, I think.

ADS

BrookysMommy

:eek: That does not sound good at all. How can fixing a recalled part/adding a new sticker add two years to the seat life??

cookie123

Isn't it Combi that had the 5 year expiration? If so, I wouldn't use it. I would go by the original date on it. No added part will extend the life imo.

canadiangie

I wouldn't touch that seat with a ten foot pole.

I'd pm Trudy (snowbird). She can help you get in touch with ... someone. Lol.

PurpleCat

I wouldn't touch that seat with a ten foot pole.

I'd pm Trudy (snowbird). She can help you get in touch with ... someone. Lol.

"someone"... LOL!

Is there a way we can stop these seats from getting sold?

This certainly seems like it would be media worthy.... :whistle:

PurpleCat

now this mom is being told my TC that as long as the manufacture agrees with the new date then it's OK. :eek::confused:

Is this for real? Makes you wonder if restickering a seat is common.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
now this mom is being told my TC that as long as the manufacture agrees with the new date then it's OK. :eek::confused:

Is this for real? Makes you wonder if restickering a seat is common.

I have seen seats I'm sure are re-stickered prior to being shipped to consumers. As to how common it is, I couldn't tell you.

What I can say, is that if a manufacturer is willing to apply new labels and tell parents that the re-applied label is the correct one, then I would be willing to go with the 2008 date.

That being said, the seat is a pain to get off the base. I can't speak for the install, but we had some in on clearance at work last year and it took effort to get the one off the base. Not the kind of one-time effort either, it was an every-time effort. And from what I've heard, this was a common complaint with that seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC