Hello!

Trina

Hi Everybody, I recognize a lot of names from the Car Seat board at parentsplace.com. Decided to join this forum as well. I'm a CPS Advocate, and am registered for a CPS Tech. class next month. *Finally* was able to convince DH to take time off work to become a SAHD temporarily so I could become certified. Woo hoo! Any words of wisdom concerning the course? Recommendations, advice, things you wished you had know before hand? TIA!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey Trina! Glad to see you here :)
My only advice to you is, let the other people in your class try to answer the questions before you raise your hand...because you will know all the answers, lol.

Dress in layers...you never know if it'll be hot or cold in your classroom, and make sure your car's nice and clean for when everyone piles into it one at a time trying to install seats.

And of course have fun! It's SO cool to "officially" learn everything and meet other folks in the field.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Congrats!

I agree with Julie. Definitely don't act the know-it-all, even though you will:)

bazanna

Senior Community Member
ITA on the cleaning out your car bit LOL! I had two seats already in my car, which meant everyone wanted a look at them before I took them out etc.....hehe!

Trina

Hey, I PASSED!! Woo hoo! Great class! It was hard to bite my lip. Wasn't always successful at that. LOL! By the second day several of the candidates were asking ME questions. Very weird! That was the first time I had participated in a car seat check on the Tech side. I got an incredible high teaching parents how to install their seats properly and then sending their kids off safer than how they came in.

Now it's time to update my profile. :eek:)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Congrats!

Did you get 100?

I got a 99, though 2 people did get 100s. I think I got a 99 on every renewal, too....

Your profile is found by going to the home page for the forums, then clicking the "User CP" button near the top.

Trina

Actually, I don't know my actual score yet. One of the instructors pulled me aside and told me I passed. They kept things very hush-hush and there was no talk of scores. I think one person didn't pass because that person was only allowed to scribe during the check. I'm dying to know how I did. Do they normally go over the questions afterwards? We didn't. A few questions were tricky and I want to know if I answered them correctly! LOL!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Yeah- if I recall correctly, we went over all the ones we missed with an instructor.

Tracy

CPST Instructor
new curriculum

I taught the new curriculum a couple of weeks ago, and the instructors were allowed to give a preliminary score. The actual score will come from National Safe Kids in a couple of weeks. We (the instructors) were not allowed to look at the test, nor were we allowed to go over the test and missed questions with the students.

Just an update of the changes...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC