My new Fr85

Baylor

I am so excited!!!! Picked it up from Lemonade this am!! Have manual in hand and video of lbp install ready to go out and. Install. Hopefully I will be back to show you. :)

auto-correct on the loose..

Last edited:
ADS

Baylor

VoodooChile said:
He is darling! Enjoy the Frontier! We have 2 of the 80s and really like them.

Thank you!
I just love it!! He is a little under harness position now but has plenty of room to grow.

Install was not easy. My first time took me 20 mins. I read the manual and then watched the video on install. It is Rock solid.
Thanks to you all my kids have great seats and mom feels good about travel. :)

Last edited:

luckyclov

He's a cutie!

It may be the position of the harness pads in the picture, but the harness looks fairly close to his shoulders. How does it look one slot up?

I :love: my FR85...and I :love: long belth path installations, too!

Baylor

clov878 said:
He's a cutie!

It may be the position of the harness pads in the picture, but the harness looks fairly close to his shoulders. How does it look one slot up?

I :love: my FR85...and I :love: long belth path installations, too!

It is close. 1/2 in maybe. But I have to go home and uninstall and put the seat in dhs explorer. I will raise it then.

I just love this seat.

msg221

What a handsome little guy!

My poor FR85 is still sitting empty in the back of my car. I am definitely getting Zain this weekend so he can try it out!

Mine installed easily enough with LATCH so I was happy about that.

Baylor

msg221 said:
What a handsome little guy!

My poor FR85 is still sitting empty in the back of my car. I am definitely getting Zain this weekend so he can try it out!

Mine installed easily enough with LATCH so I was happy about that.

Yeah my chunkamonka is 47-49 lbs given the day. I did install with latch just to bring it home safe unoccupied. So they are used. Lol.

glockchick

I just reinstalled DD's this morning. I :love: me some long belt path. It gets super easy and fast once you're used to it. :D

Baylor

glockchick said:
I just reinstalled DD's this morning. I :love: me some long belt path. It gets super easy and fast once you're used to it. :D

Took me a while. I kept twisting the belt in the back. But I love how secure it feels.

Baylor

hrice said:
Is that your 3 year old in the pic?! He is a big boy! And a cutie. :D

Yep. Isnt he though? He loves his new seat. He just kept saying " let me see I'd it hits mom!"

Baylor

hrice said:
How tall is he?

I don't know. But when he gets home from my parents I will measure him again. He has gotten taller and not gained weight.

It just kills me that my other son was harnessed til his 7th birthday.

Mommy2Marcus

Okay E is 43" and 48.5 lbs. he will be 4 in the end of feb.

He sure is a cutie pie! My son is 5, a little over 44" tall & is about 38lbs fully dressed. He is a big boy for sure. I would have guessed he was the same age as my son.

Baylor

Mommy2Marcus said:
He sure is a cutie pie! My son is 5, a little over 44" tall & is about 38lbs fully dressed. He is a big boy for sure. I would have guessed he was the same age as my son.

Most people do. When I say he is only 3 they look at me like I am crazy.

I am going away overnight and decided to install the GN in dhs explorer. It is the seat he is familiar with so I know E will be in okay.

Did i mention that my mom let E have ice cream in his seat yesterday? Yeah. Only on arm rest but still. Argh

aetj115

First let me say he is adorable! Love it! He is so big! What seat was he in before? My almost 4 yo is only 38in and about 32#!

Baylor

aetj115 said:
First let me say he is adorable! Love it! He is so big! What seat was he in before? My almost 4 yo is only 38in and about 32#!

A GN. I love that seat but he is just too big. He probably only had a few more months to harness in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC