Question Would Graco do anything?

mollysw

I have a Graco My Ride that I've had for about 5 months or so. Anyway the buckle is so hard to buckle in that no one can do it. I'm scared to let anyone watch her cus they'll need a seat and I'm afraid that she'll end up not being buckled in safely if at all. If I call Graco would or could they do anything? I need a new seat!

ADS

Baylor

mollysw said:
I have a Graco My Ride that I've had for about 5 months or so. Anyway the buckle is so hard to buckle in that no one can do it. I'm scared to let anyone watch her cus they'll need a seat and I'm afraid that she'll end up not being buckled in safely if at all. If I call Graco would or could they do anything? I need a new seat!

Graco has always been good to me when I called. If you feel it is not functioning correctly call them. Explain your concerns. They may have suggestions or replace buckle. I am not sure you need a new seat.

auto-correct on the loose..

Pixels

You have the new buckle style, which is all Graco has now. Has it always been this difficult, or has it gotten worse? You can start by cleaning it, but if it's always been this difficult, I think you are out of luck. If you didn't like the buckle when you bought it then you should have returned it right away.

mollysw

It's always been that way. I can use it but no one else can. So it's really not a seat worth using. I wasn't aware earlier on that others would be unable to buckle and unbuckle the seat. And I'm not gonna risk it when I'm not around and her grandma is watching her and can't get her buckled in. Even my MIL can't do it.

mkmama

I have the old style buckle on mine, and it was getting kind of funky, so I rinsed it under clear water...and now its very hard to open/close...I'm holding off calling Graco for now though (unless it gets terrible) because I really dont want the new style buckle.

OP: I'd call Graco...my SIL had one like that, a new style one, where she was the only one who could buckle/unbuckle it, and they replaced her seat. (I dont think crotch strap is removeable, or if it is, I've not found a way to do it)

Brianna

I would definitely call them. Graco needs to know that their consumers do not like this style buckle and hopefully with enough complaints they'll go back to the old style or design a new one altogether.

The old-style crotch straps were removable.

montanamama

I have had them replace a My Ride for me because I could not get the new style buckle to release. At the time (about 3 months ago) they did not have replacement buckles so they offered to ether send me a new seat or send them my seat and they would send me a refund. Because I had other seats to use I just had them send me a refund. Also they just replaced another one of my My rides (2 years old) because the old style latch strap broke and was not usable and it is a non replaceable part. So I would say they have great Customer Service!

mollysw

mkmama said:
I have the old style buckle on mine, and it was getting kind of funky, so I rinsed it under clear water...and now its very hard to open/close...I'm holding off calling Graco for now though (unless it gets terrible) because I really dont want the new style buckle.

OP: I'd call Graco...my SIL had one like that, a new style one, where she was the only one who could buckle/unbuckle it, and they replaced her seat. (I dont think crotch strap is removeable, or if it is, I've not found a way to do it)

That's good to know! Did she get a different seat or another seat with the same buckle problem? I'd hate to do it and just get the same thing ya know.

crunchierthanthou

Graco has always been good with CS. I was going to say they might even send you a new seat (that you could sell and fund a different one), but the OP's experience of them offering a refund is even better. :)

mkmama

That's good to know! Did she get a different seat or another seat with the same buckle problem? I'd hate to do it and just get the same thing ya know.

The new seat she got is still more of a pain than my old style, but not nearly as bad as her old one was -- I think those darn new styles vary WIDELY in how difficult/easy they are to buckle.

msg221

I bought a MR a few months ago and I am not happy either with the new buckle. It's much harder to get the buckle tongues inserted in there. It always takes more than one try to get them in there properly. I have a SS1 with the old buckle style and I wish I could have that one for the MR. I miss that large, round buckle that you could easily push down to release the buckle tongues. And then there is the fact that the MR won't even install properly in the FF position in my vehicle . . .

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I just got a MR and the buckle definitely has a learning curve to it. I find that I have to almost tilt the buckle tonges toward the red button to get them to click. They do okay but for sure harder than the old style.

mollysw

Well I've got the buckle down but for others it basically impossible. I push the buckle in from the top. And push up with my thumb to release.

mollysw

Oh I just saw the thing about the refund. I may just do that! As much as I love the MyRide I don't wanna be stuck with it if a new one is gonna have the same problem. Hopefully they go back to the old style one day!

T4K

Hmmm....I never had a seat with the old buckle but I haven't once had a problem with the new one. I use the seat everyday. My hubs would have told me if the buckle was difficult because he loves criticizing carseats to get under my nerves. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC