What option???

cdncasper

Ok I got my new AOE today and I am suppose to send back my old one but I don't know what I should do. Help me pick an option or make your own.

Option 1: Return the old AOE but keep the harness, cover, straps,etc and sell new AOE with extra parts for $200. Buy Radian or Bolero/Generations.

Option 2: Keep old AOE (to sell or for spare) and sell new AOE for $180. Buy Radian or Bolero/Generations.

Option 3: Return old AOE (with cover,etc or not) and keep new AOE and use it.

Option 4: Keep both, use new AOE and have old AOE for spare.

My favorite is option 1 but not sure if I can return just the shell.
To help clarify this, I got the new AOE from Cosco headquarters cause the stand on my old AOE doesn't lock in place. Not a safety issue just annoying to have to hold the stand up when installing it. So technically I should be able to return just the shell sinc that is where the problem is.
BTW: I am in Canada.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ok I got my new AOE today and I am suppose to send back my old one but I don't know what I should do. Help me pick an option or make your own.

Option 1: Return the old AOE but keep the harness, cover, straps,etc and sell new AOE with extra parts for $200. Buy Radian or Bolero/Generations.

Option 2: Keep old AOE (to sell or for spare) and sell new AOE for $180. Buy Radian or Bolero/Generations.

Option 3: Return old AOE (with cover,etc or not) and keep new AOE and use it.

Option 4: Keep both, use new AOE and have old AOE for spare.

My favorite is option 1 but not sure if I can return just the shell.
To help clarify this, I got the new AOE from Cosco headquarters cause the stand on my old AOE doesn't lock in place. Not a safety issue just annoying to have to hold the stand up when installing it. So technically I should be able to return just the shell sinc that is where the problem is.
BTW: I am in Canada.

Did they send you a prepaid shipping label? I would only return the seat if they were paying for the shipping. :twocents: However - I wouldn't feel right selling the new seats and then keeping on using the other one.

So I like option 1 the best - provided they're going to pay shipping. Otherwise, I'd donate or destroy the old seat shell and sell the 2nd seat with cover and extra stuff. :twocents:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Yes they are paying shipping. I forgot that part.

If they are paying for shipping why wouldn't you send it back :confused:

When I had Graco replace a seat for me I had to give my credit card info and would have been billed if I didn't send back the seat within something like 90 days. Did they not ask you for any informations?

Also with option #1, do the straps expire with the seat? If they do and you sell the seat with an extra set of straps how will they keep track of when they expire if it is different then the seat itself?

Honestly, i'm not sure what option I would go for, I would likely just sell the new seat for something else or use it and just wait for the new Triumph to hit the shelves in Canada :rolleyes:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
If they are giving you a new seat with a prepaid shipping label, then you have no option but to return the old seat. Anything else is incredibly dishonest and could result in charges against you from the company.

I would probably keep the cover off the old one if they allowed me to. ALL restraint parts need to go back with the seat.

I would most likely sell the new AOE with the spare cover and get a different seat, simply because I do not like the height limits on the AOE.

To be honest, I'm not totally sure why some of those options made the list... Your signature indicates you are a tech, it's neither right nor safe to do a few of the things you are suggesting.

LuvMyGirls

If they gave you a WHOLE new seat, send back the WHOLE old seat. If you return something to a store for even exchange, you are not allowed to keep part of it. If you are looking to "profit" from your exchange consider that the new seat has a newer DOM and be thankful for it.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I would send the seat back. No question.

I wouldn't keep the straps and such, but I'd ASK them if you can keep the cover. If they say no, then you send it. If they say yes, then you keep it as a spare.

Whether or not to sell the seat and get a Radian, that's up to you. But you need to send the seat back.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would send the seat back. No question.

I wouldn't keep the straps and such, but I'd ASK them if you can keep the cover. If they say no, then you send it. If they say yes, then you keep it as a spare.

Whether or not to sell the seat and get a Radian, that's up to you. But you need to send the seat back.

:yeahthat:

wondering1

I guess I'm old school and agree that you should and are required to send the whole seat back unless they specifically approve you keeping the cover.

cdncasper

The reason I gave those all those options is that is what people told me to do and I wanted to see what people said about that. My original plan was/is to return the old seat and sell the new one so I can get something better. I know it isn't ok to keep the old one but I just wanted to put all the things that people told me. I am not looking at profit just getting a better seat. If I didn't have this new seat to sell than chances are I would sell the old one in the next 6 months or so. But since I have a brand new one I figure that it would be better to just get rid of it now and not have to bother with it later on. Now all I have to do is wait for the shipping labels to arrive so I can send it back.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Now all I have to do is wait for the shipping labels to arrive so I can send it back.
They didn't send one with the new one they sent :confused: When I have gotten new seats and have had to send the old one back they included a pre-paid label with the new seat and I was to just put the old seat in the new box; I never waited for a shipping label. I guess this just shows that different companies do things differently. Maybe they will never send a label . . . :whistle:

cdncasper

Nothing in the box except the carseat and the box was in pretty rough shape when I picked it up too. The top was undone and the sides were all squished in. Maybe Cosco is sending it by regular mail? Maybe I will never get one??

Jewels

Senior Community Member
They also took my credit card information for if I did not return it.
That's what Graco did too when I needed to return seats.

I am getting a new cover from Britax but they never said anything about shipping the old one back, mailing labels or for credit card info. They just said they would replace it and didn't ask any other questions other then my name and mailing address. I wonder if they'll want the old cover back, although maybe since I am in Canada and it would have to go through customs that they won't evern bother :confused:

lovinwaves

The reason I gave those all those options is that is what people told me to do and I wanted to see what people said about that. My original plan was/is to return the old seat and sell the new one so I can get something better. I know it isn't ok to keep the old one but I just wanted to put all the things that people told me. I am not looking at profit just getting a better seat. If I didn't have this new seat to sell than chances are I would sell the old one in the next 6 months or so. But since I have a brand new one I figure that it would be better to just get rid of it now and not have to bother with it later on. Now all I have to do is wait for the shipping labels to arrive so I can send it back.

Who are these "People" you keep referring to in your above post?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Just friends and such that I talk to about stuff.

What I don't get is why you would be listening to friends when YOU are the tech? Shouldn't you take the opportunity to tell them those other options are wrong and do a little educating for them?

wondering1

I wonder if they'll want the old cover back, although maybe since I am in Canada and it would have to go through customs that they won't evern bother :confused:

Yeah - that international shipping!

My cover was really quite unsafe. It put the slots and inch or more away from the actual holes in the actual car seat. What was wrong with yours?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Yeah - that international shipping!

My cover was really quite unsafe. It put the slots and inch or more away from the actual holes in the actual car seat. What was wrong with yours?
The trim around the belly pad and front adjuster faded after I washed it once. I just called and said I was disapointed that that happened and they asked for my model, DOM and serial # and then asked for my name, address etc and that they were sorry this happened and I should be receiving a new one in about 2 weeks. I didn't argue with them I just hope I get to keep them both :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC