Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!


 

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: What option???

  1. #1
    Carseat Crazy cdncasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    701

    What option???

    Ok I got my new AOE today and I am suppose to send back my old one but I don't know what I should do. Help me pick an option or make your own.

    Option 1: Return the old AOE but keep the harness, cover, straps,etc and sell new AOE with extra parts for $200. Buy Radian or Bolero/Generations.

    Option 2: Keep old AOE (to sell or for spare) and sell new AOE for $180. Buy Radian or Bolero/Generations.

    Option 3: Return old AOE (with cover,etc or not) and keep new AOE and use it.

    Option 4: Keep both, use new AOE and have old AOE for spare.

    My favorite is option 1 but not sure if I can return just the shell.
    To help clarify this, I got the new AOE from Cosco headquarters cause the stand on my old AOE doesn't lock in place. Not a safety issue just annoying to have to hold the stand up when installing it. So technically I should be able to return just the shell sinc that is where the problem is.
    BTW: I am in Canada.

    April
    mommy to K, 5 years, 41.5 lbs, 44 inches, harnessed in a Britax Frontier CT


  2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads
    Join Date
    April, 2001
    Location
    Car-Seat.Org
    Posts
    Many
     
     

  3. #2
    Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    13,952

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by cdncasper View Post
    Ok I got my new AOE today and I am suppose to send back my old one but I don't know what I should do. Help me pick an option or make your own.

    Option 1: Return the old AOE but keep the harness, cover, straps,etc and sell new AOE with extra parts for $200. Buy Radian or Bolero/Generations.

    Option 2: Keep old AOE (to sell or for spare) and sell new AOE for $180. Buy Radian or Bolero/Generations.

    Option 3: Return old AOE (with cover,etc or not) and keep new AOE and use it.

    Option 4: Keep both, use new AOE and have old AOE for spare.

    My favorite is option 1 but not sure if I can return just the shell.
    To help clarify this, I got the new AOE from Cosco headquarters cause the stand on my old AOE doesn't lock in place. Not a safety issue just annoying to have to hold the stand up when installing it. So technically I should be able to return just the shell sinc that is where the problem is.
    BTW: I am in Canada.
    Did they send you a prepaid shipping label? I would only return the seat if they were paying for the shipping. However - I wouldn't feel right selling the new seats and then keeping on using the other one.

    So I like option 1 the best - provided they're going to pay shipping. Otherwise, I'd donate or destroy the old seat shell and sell the 2nd seat with cover and extra stuff.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.


  4. #3
    Carseat Crazy cdncasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    701

    Re: What option???

    Yes they are paying shipping. I forgot that part.

    April
    mommy to K, 5 years, 41.5 lbs, 44 inches, harnessed in a Britax Frontier CT


  5. #4
    CPS Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fargo ND
    Posts
    476

    Re: What option???

    Option one sounds good. Make sure the radian fits in your car and any other cars you use.

  6. #5
    CPS Technician Jewels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,004

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by cdncasper View Post
    Yes they are paying shipping. I forgot that part.
    If they are paying for shipping why wouldn't you send it back

    When I had Graco replace a seat for me I had to give my credit card info and would have been billed if I didn't send back the seat within something like 90 days. Did they not ask you for any informations?

    Also with option #1, do the straps expire with the seat? If they do and you sell the seat with an extra set of straps how will they keep track of when they expire if it is different then the seat itself?

    Honestly, i'm not sure what option I would go for, I would likely just sell the new seat for something else or use it and just wait for the new Triumph to hit the shelves in Canada

  7. #6
    CPS Technician CDNTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,577

    Re: What option???

    If they are giving you a new seat with a prepaid shipping label, then you have no option but to return the old seat. Anything else is incredibly dishonest and could result in charges against you from the company.

    I would probably keep the cover off the old one if they allowed me to. ALL restraint parts need to go back with the seat.

    I would most likely sell the new AOE with the spare cover and get a different seat, simply because I do not like the height limits on the AOE.

    To be honest, I'm not totally sure why some of those options made the list... Your signature indicates you are a tech, it's neither right nor safe to do a few of the things you are suggesting.
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

    DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

  8. #7
    Carseat Crazy
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Star, MS
    Posts
    266

    Re: What option???

    If they gave you a WHOLE new seat, send back the WHOLE old seat. If you return something to a store for even exchange, you are not allowed to keep part of it. If you are looking to "profit" from your exchange consider that the new seat has a newer DOM and be thankful for it.

  9. #8
    CPS Technician Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Freezing my booty off!
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: What option???

    I would send the seat back. No question.

    I wouldn't keep the straps and such, but I'd ASK them if you can keep the cover. If they say no, then you send it. If they say yes, then you keep it as a spare.

    Whether or not to sell the seat and get a Radian, that's up to you. But you need to send the seat back.
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

  10. #9
    Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,006

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    I would send the seat back. No question.

    I wouldn't keep the straps and such, but I'd ASK them if you can keep the cover. If they say no, then you send it. If they say yes, then you keep it as a spare.

    Whether or not to sell the seat and get a Radian, that's up to you. But you need to send the seat back.

  11. #10
    Carseat Crazy
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    732

    Re: What option???

    I guess I'm old school and agree that you should and are required to send the whole seat back unless they specifically approve you keeping the cover.

  12. #11
    Carseat Crazy cdncasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    701

    Re: What option???

    The reason I gave those all those options is that is what people told me to do and I wanted to see what people said about that. My original plan was/is to return the old seat and sell the new one so I can get something better. I know it isn't ok to keep the old one but I just wanted to put all the things that people told me. I am not looking at profit just getting a better seat. If I didn't have this new seat to sell than chances are I would sell the old one in the next 6 months or so. But since I have a brand new one I figure that it would be better to just get rid of it now and not have to bother with it later on. Now all I have to do is wait for the shipping labels to arrive so I can send it back.

    April
    mommy to K, 5 years, 41.5 lbs, 44 inches, harnessed in a Britax Frontier CT


  13. #12
    CPS Technician Jewels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,004

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by cdncasper View Post
    Now all I have to do is wait for the shipping labels to arrive so I can send it back.
    They didn't send one with the new one they sent When I have gotten new seats and have had to send the old one back they included a pre-paid label with the new seat and I was to just put the old seat in the new box; I never waited for a shipping label. I guess this just shows that different companies do things differently. Maybe they will never send a label . . .

  14. #13
    Carseat Crazy cdncasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    701

    Re: What option???

    Nothing in the box except the carseat and the box was in pretty rough shape when I picked it up too. The top was undone and the sides were all squished in. Maybe Cosco is sending it by regular mail? Maybe I will never get one??

    April
    mommy to K, 5 years, 41.5 lbs, 44 inches, harnessed in a Britax Frontier CT


  15. #14
    Carseat Crazy
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    732

    Re: What option???

    Britax sent a separate label for my cover. They also took my credit card information for if I did not return it.

  16. #15
    CPS Technician Jewels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,004

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    They also took my credit card information for if I did not return it.
    That's what Graco did too when I needed to return seats.

    I am getting a new cover from Britax but they never said anything about shipping the old one back, mailing labels or for credit card info. They just said they would replace it and didn't ask any other questions other then my name and mailing address. I wonder if they'll want the old cover back, although maybe since I am in Canada and it would have to go through customs that they won't evern bother

  17. #16
    CPS Advocate lovinwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri USA
    Posts
    8,050

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by cdncasper View Post
    The reason I gave those all those options is that is what people told me to do and I wanted to see what people said about that. My original plan was/is to return the old seat and sell the new one so I can get something better. I know it isn't ok to keep the old one but I just wanted to put all the things that people told me. I am not looking at profit just getting a better seat. If I didn't have this new seat to sell than chances are I would sell the old one in the next 6 months or so. But since I have a brand new one I figure that it would be better to just get rid of it now and not have to bother with it later on. Now all I have to do is wait for the shipping labels to arrive so I can send it back.
    Who are these "People" you keep referring to in your above post?
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

  18. #17
    Carseat Crazy cdncasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    701

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    Who are these "People" you keep referring to in your above post?
    Just friends and such that I talk to about stuff.

    April
    mommy to K, 5 years, 41.5 lbs, 44 inches, harnessed in a Britax Frontier CT


  19. #18
    CPS Technician CDNTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,577

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by cdncasper View Post
    Just friends and such that I talk to about stuff.
    What I don't get is why you would be listening to friends when YOU are the tech? Shouldn't you take the opportunity to tell them those other options are wrong and do a little educating for them?
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

    DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

  20. #19
    Carseat Crazy
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    732

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I wonder if they'll want the old cover back, although maybe since I am in Canada and it would have to go through customs that they won't evern bother
    Yeah - that international shipping!

    My cover was really quite unsafe. It put the slots and inch or more away from the actual holes in the actual car seat. What was wrong with yours?

  21. #20
    CPS Technician Jewels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,004

    Re: What option???

    Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    Yeah - that international shipping!

    My cover was really quite unsafe. It put the slots and inch or more away from the actual holes in the actual car seat. What was wrong with yours?
    The trim around the belly pad and front adjuster faded after I washed it once. I just called and said I was disapointed that that happened and they asked for my model, DOM and serial # and then asked for my name, address etc and that they were sorry this happened and I should be receiving a new one in about 2 weeks. I didn't argue with them I just hope I get to keep them both

Similar Threads

  1. HA HA! Is Radian my only option??
    By arly1983 in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 09:53 PM
  2. What is the best option for flying?
    By emilia in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 01:01 PM
  3. Which Option?
    By msantiago3 in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
  4. What is the best option?
    By SPJ&E in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 10:23 PM
  5. What is the best option for us?
    By Kat+2 in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 09:51 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •