Question Convertible car seats for twins? Boulevard vs. Radian?

P

PandaNYC

I have twins almost 1 year old and thinking about which convertible car seats to get. I am planning to have another baby soon and need all three car seats to fit together. Is it possible to fit two convertibles and one infant seat in one row in the back seat of a sedan, or do I need an SUV or minivan-type vehicle with multiple back rows? We live in New York City and don't own a car, but we do take long road trips with rental cars. Our current infant seats are Britax Chaperones, would love to use this with next baby. Was thinking Britax Boulevard 70s for the convertibles, but I'm reading that Radians are smaller but just as safe. Any advice? Many thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
All carseats pass the same testing. So the Radians, the Scenera, the Tribute, everything is as safe as your Britaxes.

If you want three across a sedan, and hope to use your Chaperones (quite possibly the biggest infant seat front to back and side to side), you will need Radians, and even then you're going to have to hope for the best and pick a wide sedan. Would you be willing to get a smaller infant seat, or just use three Radians? Or maybe two Radians and a Coccoro, since it doesn't sound like you use the carrier feature of an infant seat like most people do. You can get the Flash frame for the Coccoro, and you can use it from birth. The Radians fit newborns as well.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC