Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Has there already been a thread about the new Nissan NV3500 passenger van?

Quote Originally Posted by robbertbobbert View Post
    I don't have any kids at all yet, but am planning to have a large family some day.

I totally want one!
    If you have time to wait, you should be able to get a great deal on a used one in a couple of years, since it's decently priced new. We don't usually buy new vehicles, and this will be our first new purchase
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Anyone know what the price of the 12 passenger is? If the commercial is 24 34,000, Would'nt the 12 passenger be a lot more? Were having #6 in 7wks, and this looks great.

Thanks Kel

Quote Originally Posted by An Aurora View Post
    If you have time to wait, you should be able to get a great deal on a used one in a couple of years, since it's decently priced new. We don't usually buy new vehicles, and this will be our first new purchase
    Good point!

And that's so exciting!

The base price for the 12 passenger is 24k.

Thanks, sounds great! I'm having #6 soon. Two kids per bench would be nice, lOl.
    Kel

I found additional information about the miles per gallon. http://nissannvforum.com/index.php?/...3-gas-mileage/

Quote Originally Posted by Denisse View Post
    I found additional information about the miles per gallon. http://nissannvforum.com/index.php?/...3-gas-mileage/
    That's not too bad. Not far off my 8-p GMC Safari, and better than our Chevy Express. Seems typical for a vehicle that size.
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

CPST Instructor

I just want to say thanks for posting this as my co-workers has been struggling with what to do for her family of 7. She is the mom of 5 (currently) all under 10 but as the kids get older and seats get bigger she is running into issues on seat configurations in her Ody.

I know she has looked at full size vans in the past but the lack of head rest & lap shoulder belts has left her even more confused as to what to do.
    Jenny
    Senior CPS Tech-Instructor & Mommy of 2 girls
    K1 12 yrs old- 61" & 100lbs in vehicle seat belt
    K2 10 yrs old- 59" & 92lbs in vehicle seat belt

Quote Originally Posted by Keeanh View Post
    That's not too bad. Not far off my 8-p GMC Safari, and better than our Chevy Express. Seems typical for a vehicle that size.
    I agree--not shocking at all.

It does seem bizarre that people are seeing such different MPGs with the same vehicle. Some of them have theirs loaded up and are still getting 15mpg, while others are only getting 10. Weird.

DD1 13y 5-stepsDS1 12y 5-steps
    DD2 9y IncognitoDD3 7y Pink Monterey
    DD4 5y FF Flora RN XTSLDS2 3y RF Red RN XTSLDS3 Cowmoo Britax Chaperone

CPS Technician

Re: Anyone see this new Van?

I was behind this today and thought of the thread here. Enjoy!
    And yes, I was completely stopped when I took the shot. Light changed just as I was snapping.

The plates were not dealer, so I'm assuming these are for sale now somewhere?
    Mommy to:
    William James - 8YRS - 65lbs - 53" - Parkway
    Lena Colette - 5YRS - 50lbs - 48" - Performance Booster
    Marta Jeanne - 2YRS - RF Radian XTSL

The utility versions have been out for a while now. The passenger versions are supposed to be out some time next month, I believe. Thanks for the pic! I think they're a good-looking van.

My husband surprised me on Valentine's day with a 2011 MB Sprinter!
    He said it works better for us over the Nissan. It has better MPG and cargo space. I'll have pics available soon. Good luck with the Nissan seekers!

I saw the cargo one the other day! I liked it but it was driving the other way so I didn't get a good look

CPS Technician

Oh, I didn't even notice that it was a cargo version. Sorry about that. I've now seen it 2 more times since. Must be local to my area. I don't think it looks bad at all. Oncoming was a better view though for sure.
    Mommy to:
    William James - 8YRS - 65lbs - 53" - Parkway
    Lena Colette - 5YRS - 50lbs - 48" - Performance Booster
    Marta Jeanne - 2YRS - RF Radian XTSL

Quote Originally Posted by Denisse View Post
    My husband surprised me on Valentine's day with a 2011 MB Sprinter!
    He said it works better for us over the Nissan. It has better MPG and cargo space. I'll have pics available soon. Good luck with the Nissan seekers!
    Congrats! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics!

DH called our local Nissan dealership and talked to a salesman. He said he's already ordered 2. 1 for a business and 1 for his neighbor. He's going to call us when they come in so we can check them out before they're taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chex

Congrats! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics!

DH called our local Nissan dealership and talked to a salesman. He said he's already ordered 2. 1 for a business and 1 for his neighbor. He's going to call us when they come in so we can check them out before they're taken.
    That's awesome! We are going to have to buy a Suburban or something to get us until the van is available.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

seriously, the headrests and l/s belts (that aren't ceiling mounted!) almost make me want one. and I have fewer kids than there are rows!

http://www.nissancommercialvehicles....ontent-seating

that is so, so lovely...

I like the low bumper, too.

The inside definitely isn't as homely as the outside is.

I have to wonder about those shoulder belts, though...especially with boostered kids. Those types of shoulder belts (that come from the seat vs. off the wall or from the ceiling) are known to drop below the shoulder level in boostered kids, which would require it to route up, over, and down.
    CPST & Mom to:
    Keep (11 yrs old, 57", 80 lbs), in an Olli, Ozzi & BB
    Sass (10 yrs old, 54", 76 lbs), in Santa Fe, Monterey & Olli
    Zilla (4 yrs old, 38", 36 lbs), FF in a PS, RXT & FR85
    Rollin' in a 2014 Ody, 2012 F-150 SuperCrew & Luigi, a peppy little 2012 Fiat 500

There was a thread I recently read about a FR85 being installed with a LBP in a vehicle with the seat belt coming from the seat back. The belt had to do up and over the top of the shell of the FR85. Is that OK? Since I am coveting this van as well as a FR85 I am curious.
    Heather car seat geek since the early 80's & WAHM
    DD1, 17, adult SB, DD2, 15, adult SB, DD3, 13 Adult Seatbelt DD4,9, 5 steppingDS1, 9,5 stepping, DS2, 5, Harmony Defender in booster mode all in our 2009 Suburban!!!