Has there already been a thread about the new Nissan NV3500 passenger van?

mom of six

Re: Anyone see this new Van?

I have been coveting this van for a while now and from the pictures I have seen it has three LATCH locations (center of the second and third row and the second seat from the passenger side in the back row). If you look close you can see the little tags in the seat that indicate where the LATCH anchors are. There may also be LATCH on the third seat from the passenger side of the back row. Since that back row is made up of two 2 seater modules I wonder if that seat is the same as the two seater sections used in the second and third row and they have LATCH. If not it could probably be switched out to have one.

OK, so three LATCH positions means three tether anchors as part of the LATH package. If you go to the link that laccaycol has in her post there is a picture in their *seating* section that shows a TA on the back of the single seat in the second and third rows. So far that makes 5 TA's!!!

Be still my beating heart!!!

ADS

emtb79

I wrote them a message and mentined something about increasing the LATCH because FORD has L/S in all positions and LATCH in all positions of their new models if Im correct from reading the LATCH manul.

ETA: the fords at least have tethers everywhere.

thepote

Yes i need to win the lottery too lol. I have 6 kids living with us and 2 that arent and i just found out im pregnant again :eek: Im about to head off to my dr's appointment to confirm and hopefully find out when im due.

Congratulations!

hmm.. reminds me of a cube, AND!! good news for families on a budget, the base starts at 24k, which is comparable to regular minivans. :) very nice.

i think i like that.....

looks to have pretty short female belt stalks, so thats good for radians, not a ton of bucketing in the back... hmmm....

$24K is not bad at all!

thepote

The problem I see with it is the same as the commuter vans we have out here. The last 4 seating positions are right up next to the back of the van, which means you aren't taking your family of 12 on vacation with the gear inside your vehicle. I'm also not too comfy with putting my children right up next to the back of a vehicle. My old neighbor has a chevy express commuter van that has captain's chairs in all seating positions- just like this van, but you take out the back row and end up with a giant 8 seater.

The seats are in sections of one and two seats... it looks like you can do a 1st and 2nd row of four seats each :thumbsup:

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member

Since you can move around seats I bet you could get rid of the one of the 3 seaters and replace it with the 4 seater that way you would have a 9 seater still and a ton of trunk space

4boysmom

I really don't think you can make the 3 seater rows 4 seaters. There is no where for the track of the 4 seater (second two seater) to go that I can see.

4boysmom

http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/nvpassenger/photos If you click through the 360 of the interior on this site, it appears that the 4 seater in the back row has the same track as the middle two rows- at least I think.

After further reading I think you are right... based mostly on the fact they say there are 364 different possible seating arrangements. It seems odd to me that the 2 seaters seemingly have less support under them/ the same tracks as one seaters.. but okay :)

Brigala said:
I saw that several weeks ago. I so badly want to win the lottery and buy one for my friend. She's got 7 kids (pregnant with 8th and final) and a 9-passenger Suburban.

I would love to get one my parents have a old ford 15 passenger van with no headrest and only lap belts this would be awesome for them or for me and DH when we outgrown our 7 passenger van

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
This is officially my next vehicle. We are on the waiting list with Quigley 4x4 to get one converted to 4 wheel drive :love: :love: :love: Let's just hope it doesn't take too long!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

It looks like there are 4 LATCH locations: one in each center seat and two in the back row.

I will be taking the 4th row out; we only have 3 kids right now and definitely don't need 12 seats. We will have 1-2 more kids within the next few months but we don't plan on filling it up. Having enough room for all the kids and enough room for hockey bags, a double stroller, AND a Costco run makes me very, very happy.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Anna, have you talked to Nissan about when this van might be available up here?

No, I didn't speak with Nissan, since we decided we need 4x4 and we're not considering getting one straight from Nissan. I talked to Quigley and they have the cargo van already, so by the time the passenger NV is released in March, they should have the conversion ready or close to it.

Starlight

Senior Community Member

I don't fully understand what you've just said. I tried to call you (and texted you yesterday) and it says you're not taking calls. What's up with that???

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Obviously I don't want to talk to you. Sheesh, take a hint, would you? :rolleyes:

:p Nah, my stupid phone is ded and I had it turned off until I can afford/justify a new one. So I'm phone-less for a week or so. It's driving me crazy :(

Starlight

Senior Community Member

awww, I'm sorry. And it did occur to me that maybe you had blocked me, but I couldn't think of any specific reason why you might have done that. What the hell did I do to you? lol

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

If you come to a seat check, I might un-block you :whistle:

Seriously, though, Quigley is a company that is certified by Ford to do conversions on their full-size vans from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive. You can order a vehicle from Quigley directly, and Ford will ship the vehicle to them, they do their modification, and then it ships from there to your local Ford dealership. They are doing the same thing with the new Nissan van--they have acquired a NV from Nissan and have done several prototypes and are working on the finalized version of the 4x4 conversion. Instead of ordering directly from Nissan, you contact Quigley and they order a van from Nissan, convert it, and then ship. There will be some delay in the process of course since who knows if their conversion will be ready by March, and it takes time to do the modification and then make it's way up here. They also offer a warranty of their own (3y/36k).

http://www.quigley4x4.com/default.aspx

Last edited:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
They didn't have an exact number yet, but their Ford conversions are $10500, and they said to expect something similar for the NV.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC