Has there already been a thread about the new Nissan NV3500 passenger van?

ADS

laccaycol

Anyone see this new Van?

its called the Nissan NV passenger van. Its not the best looking but it seats 12 and all the seats have headrests and lap/shoulder belts in every seat! Anyway just thought you guys might like this. Imagine the car seats you can fit in this thing lol.

http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/nvpassenger

gallery-nvp-seats.jpg

gallery-nvp-seatbelts.jpg

laccaycol

Re: Anyone see this new Van?

Yeah it looks awesome on the inside. Anytime i looked at bigger vans they never have the headrests or all lap/shoulder belts so this looks awesome.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician

I wonder if you could do a four across in the back! Maybe with Radians? ;)

Denisse

My Nissan dealer updated me on the Nissan 3500 passenger. Production has started this month and it will be ready for sale in March if all goes well. He also told me that the commercial version is between $28K-$35K and the MPG is around 17-18. So that means the passenger will cost more and the MPG may be less with the extra seating. Also consider the cost for the side curtain airbags. :(

Last edited:

Brigala

CPST Instructor

I saw that several weeks ago. I so badly want to win the lottery and buy one for my friend. She's got 7 kids (pregnant with 8th and final) and a 9-passenger Suburban.

Brigala

CPST Instructor

Hmm. It only has two "rear seat tether anchors." Bummer. It is LATCH equipped; presumably the same two seats that have the anchors, I suppose. Although with the mix-and-match seating I wonder if you could order extra LATCH-equipped seats if you wanted them. Hmm.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Hmm. It only has two "rear seat tether anchors." Bummer. It is LATCH equipped; presumably the same two seats that have the anchors, I suppose. Although with the mix-and-match seating I wonder if you could order extra LATCH-equipped seats if you wanted them. Hmm.

The tethers would have to be in the spots where there are lower anchors. LATCH is a system, so it can't have lower anchors without tether anchors.

laccaycol

Yes i need to win the lottery too lol. I have 6 kids living with us and 2 that arent and i just found out im pregnant again :eek: Im about to head off to my dr's appointment to confirm and hopefully find out when im due.

Brigala

CPST Instructor

Right, that's what I figured. Although it doesn't follow that the top tether anchors all have corresponding lower anchors. The specs don't say how many sets of LATCH their are and I don't know what the requirements are for commercial vehicles.

Interestingly, from looking at the pictures it appears there's one top tether anchor attached to each seating unit, whether that seating unit is a single seat or a double seat. So that would be six top tether anchors. Even if the final product actually only comes with one set of seats with anchors, since they're attached to the seats it is logical that you could optionally get more if money were no object. I wonder whether all those positions have LATCH, although it wouldn't matter much since the seats also have ALRs. Hmm.

Anybody know what the top tether weight limit is on a Nissan? :)

4boysmom

So is it that much wider? Our van (02 Oddy) is almost impossible for 3 across the back and for the four across the van would have to be what nearly 2 feet wider (maybe just a foot or 18 inches though?). While there may be 12 seating positions that does not mean it will work well for a large family with more than a few in safety seats. That back row might only be good for those that can 5 step. Or mostly 5 steppers with one or two car seats.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
4boysmom said:
So is it that much wider? Our van (02 Oddy) is almost impossible for 3 across the back and for the four across the van would have to be what nearly 2 feet wider (maybe just a foot or 18 inches though?). While there may be 12 seating positions that does not mean it will work well for a large family with more than a few in safety seats. That back row might only be good for those that can 5 step. Or mostly 5 steppers with one or two car seats.

Four-across? Did I miss something? You can do four across in this? Or are you referring to the four rows?

Minivans are hard to do three-across in the third row because of the wheel well. I imagine this will have more usable space.

I also suspect that if there were enough seatbelts/LATCH, I could get four-across in my truck. It's fairly huge.

4boysmom

Four-across? Did I miss something? You can do four across in this? Or are you referring to the four rows?

Minivans are hard to do three-across in the third row because of the wheel well. I imagine this will have more usable space.

I also suspect that if there were enough seatbelts/LATCH, I could get four-across in my truck. It's fairly huge.

Well there are 4 rows and the rows are made up of 2 (front), 3, 3 and 4 (very rear) seats so it is theoretically possible to do 4 across. Would this not have a wheel well in one of the rows?

aym4Him

Yes i need to win the lottery too lol. I have 6 kids living with us and 2 that arent and i just found out im pregnant again :eek: Im about to head off to my dr's appointment to confirm and hopefully find out when im due.

Congratulations!!!!! :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, I didn't realize there was a 4-seat row! That's cool!

I imagine the wheel well comes into play somehow, but it might not be in the same way as a minivan.

wildeyes

hmm.. reminds me of a cube, AND!! good news for families on a budget, the base starts at 24k, which is comparable to regular minivans. :) very nice.

i think i like that.....

looks to have pretty short female belt stalks, so thats good for radians, not a ton of bucketing in the back... hmmm....

christineka

The problem I see with it is the same as the commuter vans we have out here. The last 4 seating positions are right up next to the back of the van, which means you aren't taking your family of 12 on vacation with the gear inside your vehicle. I'm also not too comfy with putting my children right up next to the back of a vehicle. My old neighbor has a chevy express commuter van that has captain's chairs in all seating positions- just like this van, but you take out the back row and end up with a giant 8 seater.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC