Has there already been a thread about the new Nissan NV3500 passenger van?

Chex

I looked, but not super hard. Sorry if it's already been discussed.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2012-nissan-nv3500-passenger-van-live-images/#photo-4594401/

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2011/11/nissan-nv-van-can-now-carry-up-to-12-passengers.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests..._passenger_van_first_look/photo_01.html#photo

http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/nvpassenger/photos

I am SOOO excited! It's like a marriage between my van (Chevy Express) and a Sprinter! I'm currently trying to talk DH into getting one when they come out. He's not too excited about buying the first year.

ETA: I realized I probably should have given some specs.
12-passenger, every seat has headrests and shoulder belts (that do NOT come out of the ceiling or frame of the vehicle), and SIDE CURTAIN AIRBAGS standard for ALL 4 ROWS!!!

"Separate lights for each row and numerous cup holders and power outlets interspersed throughout the van."

Towing capacity: 9k lbs for the V8

I think they said it's going to be somewhere around $30k

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What's the TA situation, do you know? What about stability, how does it do on that? Gas mileage?

I may have to knock the Sprinter off my list for this, it seems like they did a good job designing for large families, and that's a great price point-by the time we need it there may even be some on the market used. :D

Keeanh

Awesome find Chex! Maybe this will put some pressure on GM & Ford to update their benches. I hope this van doesn't just go the way of the Sprinter. And I hope they come out with a 15-p version. 12 just isn't enough, especially when we take out the back row for cargo space. But what do we need these vans for? We've got our redneck Chev/Dodge mash-up Expresses ;).

ETA: I think 4-5 kids and a dog could justify it. You need the back row out for cargo space for the dog. Or even some other large cargo... a jogging stroller maybe? Or just for vacation. But a Suburban/Expedition won't do it because what if you have to carpool or bring friends along? Then you would NEED that 4th row ;).

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
jourdysmom said:
are standard features... from HERE

2 top tethers? :(

But that's two in addition to LATCH, right? (Didn't something say LATCH in the center position of each back row? So that's five tethers out of nine seating positions? Not awful.

Pixels

are standard features... from HERE

2 top tethers? :(

With more than two rear seating positions, there HAS to be at least two full sets of LATCH and a minimum total of three tether anchors (including those in the LATCH sets), unless the vehicle is over the weight limit. ETA: I checked, this vehicle is over the weight limit so no LATCH or tethers are required.

I see what looks like TAs on the backs of the center and passenger's side seating positions in the interior view, along with markers for lower anchors for all center seating positions.

canadiangie

Wow, that's gorgeous!

I'm trying to get a scope of it's size. How much larger than an Armada? Because the Armada is already big (deliciously large, don't get me wrong :cool:). Is it about the size of a Sprinter? Is it based off the Titan?

If I had a large family I'd be all over it.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
It looks like an Armada on steroids with sliding doors. It's nice looking for something to haul a bunch of people.

Chex

On one of the interior views, I can see 2 TAs on each of the 3-across benches and from the back, I saw 1 TA on the rear (4-person) bench. So it looks like there are 5 TAs in all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC