Britax Frontier 85 or Graco Argos 70?

ADS

Pixels

Depends on the kid and the vehicle. Very tall-torsoed children will need the harness height of the Frontier, though most are fine in the Argos. The Frontier 85 requires top tether use above 65 pounds, so if it will be used where a tether is not available then it effectively has a 65 pound limit on it.

Athena

I recently chose the Frontier 85. :) At one point I really wanted the Argos because I was really excited about the ability to easily change harness positions without installing and we had been mostly very happy with our nautilus. However, those new Graco buckles changed my mind. In addition, DD2 needs to be able to sleep in the car and was used to a really soft, cozy seat, so I thought she'd like the Frontier better. And she is quite tall, although I don't know that she'll need that extra height of the Frontier, but good to know it's there just in case.

ETA: I should have mentioned that I do still prefer the simpler seatbelt install of the nautilus (same as the argos) compared to the LBP on the Frontier. I think a lot of the decision depends on the kid, vehicle compatibility, and your priorities. Good luck!

wallawallakids

I just got the Argos for my twins. They were on sale at Albee baby for only 160 with the coupon code a few weeks ago. I was buying two, so honestly, I chose the Argos over the Frontier based on price. I have to say though, I LOVE the fit on the Argos. It really did exceed my expectations. I was a little nervous because I have only ever bought Britax for my 4 kids and I had no experience with Graco. But my 4 year old is comfortable. She sleeps well in it, loves the cup holder and the little cubby hole to put her things in. It is really a nice seat. Also, the adjustable harness is nice. My only negative was that it was a bit difficult to instal compared with the Britax. But once it was in solid, it is great. Good luck!

SavsMom

I chose the Frontier for its higher harness height. I had a Nautilus and DD had terrible head slump in it so that helped to make my decision as well.
Both are great seats.

babyherder

I'd be more likely to choose the Argos for a girl because I like their black cover with flowers and the Frontier85 for a boy because I like the maui blue and cardinal covers. Unless I had a boy that wanted a black flowered seat or a girl that wanted a blue or red seat. I just want a cover I like.

MommyShannon

Can the Argos height be adjusted without uninstalling? If so, and I had multiple kids I would probably get it. That's the one thing I wish the FR did especially since it's a harder install. Every now and then I have just DD and wish she could ride on DS's FR in the middle row instead of her booster in the back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC