Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Yet another Regent question

I just got on here today to see all the talk about the new Regent installation. I currently have my son's Regent installed with LATCH, using the top tether, and no recline bar. Is this wrong??? He is 29 lbs.
    Brea, Mommy to Z, B, K, and one on the way!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Yet another Regent question

The new installation advisory is to use long belt path for kids under 40 pounds. They are sending out a longer LATCH strap so we can use LATCH or the seatbelt for the long path install. And the recline bar is required for all installs now.

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

You should probably call Britax to register, that way you can get your 'repair' kit faster.. Oh wait i mean 'Enhancement' kit.

Carseat Crazy

I sent in the card that came with my Regent, does that mean it is registered?
    Also, where can I find the DOM on the seat?
    Brea, Mommy to Z, B, K, and one on the way!

To the left or right of the harness adjuster on the front of the seat. Just under the cover where his legs go.
    Ali and Sadi born 2003 - 5 stepping
    Kai born July 2015 - Foonf and spare Scenera Next

CPS Fanatic

Lift up the cover on the front right side. Or, right where the left knee of the child would be. There's a sticker on the seat shell there.
    Kelly, mom to Aaric (7.5 and 65 lbs), Mikayla (6 and 52 lbs), and Xander (20 mo and 25 lbs)
    No more Huskies due to a wreck...
    Xander's in a MA, Mikayla in a GN, Aaric is temporarily in the pink Vivo...
    Graco SS1 due to come out of retirement in Jan 09