Britax is giving away Huskies if the Regent won't fit anymore????

ADS

Morganthe

Personally, I"ll believe it when I see it. I'd like to know where, how, and why 'so many' are still left in their stock.

LuvBug

I seriously doubt it. Firstly they are no longer making the husky, havent been for 2 years... so I doubt they have enough sitting around to give to those that have install issues.

I think they should do something for those who have install issues, Im just not sure what I think they should do...

arly1983

Personally, I"ll believe it when I see it. I'd like to know where, how, and why 'so many' are still left in their stock.

RFLOL! There is a warehouse of just-in-case-huskys somewhere!!!

Sorry, that just struck me as funny, for some reason...

I guess it would be better than nothing, though they would have to convince me that the differences in the huskys make them just as safe as the "enhanced" regents.

Last edited:

Connor's Mom

OK, why has this ONE person got all the answers and none of us have?
I personally don't buy it. Either she is fibbing all around or she got a hold of a tech without a clue. Like you said, the Husky has not been made for 2 years. They got a locked room somewhere full of Huskies just waiting for disgruntled Regent owners. Some how I dout it. :rolleyes:

MsFacetious

I tend to agree, unless of course they knew about this problem a long time ago... and had extra Huskies for this purpose... but that thought scares me more.

I wish she had gotten the name of the person she talked to.

Connor's Mom

OK, I have a question.
Even if they have a secret stash of Huskies (yah right :rolleyes: ) , why are they any different than just using the Regents that people already have with the old install methods if it truly is still safe? I feel that if it is true what she is saying that the sides are folding in with the LBP and higher weight kiddos, then they might should have done that research before putting the seat on the market and using those install instructions for 2 years only to come back and say well the sides might collapse in now so ya gatta install it this way.

MsFacetious

Supposedly the "internal components" on the Husky and Regent are difference which makes the Husky stronger. Or something.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Actually ... although other reps haven't said this is the case, it wouldn't surprise me all that much if they did have some Huskies left over -- in the prosthetics industry (my family business) there are constant changes leaving manufacturers with extra stock of old items: if the theory is correct that they're using cheaper plastic on the Regent compared to the Husky, then it wouldn't surprise me if they went ahead & got the new line out without selling off all their old stuff :duck: I highly doubt it's as many Huskies as necessary to make the situation right with every Regent owner, though *BAH* (old unsold prosthetic/orthotic items are usually donated to 3rd world countries)

Kellyr2

I don't think so. Several others reported that they were told that this change does not effect they Husky, and that no, they can't do the testing to find out if it could benefit from these "enhancements" because the seat is no longer made. If they don't have any that they could test on, then they don't have any to give out to customers.

ajweeks

Why did they change the Husky design in the first place if it didn't make things better, but in fact made things worse...:(

vamom

When I first started carseat shopping I spent alot of time talking to britax. I talked to alot of folks there. This was right about the time of the switch over Aug-Nov. I wanted to drive to Charlotte to try the seat and see it. They repeatedly told me that they did not even have a prototype in the house (no husky, no regent, but they had the other seats on display). All stock was out with dealers. In the beginning the regent was in manufactoring, then it was in a holding pattern. I couldn't find a dealer that had any within 300 miles of me.

I can't imagine that they had huskies just sitting around - they want them to go to the dealer to be sold. And the dealers clearenced them off to get rid of them.

I was also told that the only difference between the two was the name, and the covers, that it was totally a pr move, because the name husky, wasn't appealing to must consumers. I was kind of surprised when I heard the teather was different, but I was so happy with my huskys, that I didn't go there.

I can't believe britax is behaving like this. Really shakes consumer confidence, especially after I have been preaching how great they were, and that all seats didn't go through recalls and leave the consumer high and dry.

waterbaby

How would they determine who gets the Husky anyhow? Meaning, how are they suppose to believe that person truly can't get a good install vs. that person that just catches wind of a free carseat (if they have a Regent, of course). That's huge to organize and manage. I highly doubt this happens.
That said, if it DOES (gasp) happen, I will be in line for each of my Regents.

mom2boys

I tried taking out their old latch fastner after I got my update kit and it broke. So, I called them and they told me to try to hammer it into the hole. That didn't work either. So, I just called this morning and told them and they are sending me a new Regent car seat in the onyx cover. So, I don't think they are giving out Huskies (unless they have already gotten rid of all of those).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC