Beating my head against the wall over the Regent. Someone please shed a light.

Momto1bigkiddo

Hey everybody. I have been gone for a while and came back yesterday to find the news about the Regents! :mad:

I'm sorry this is really redundant, but I am really confused and need to ask you all and didn't know where to ask.

So..Let me get this straight.. Regents manufactured between Nov. 10, 2005 and June 18, 2007 are the only ones affected, correct?

This means if your Regent was manufactured outside of those dates (say before Nov. 10, 2005 or after June 18, 2007) that you can continue to use the seat ''the old way'' like the original manual says? (LBP ok after 40 lbs, recline bar optional when seat is tethered, etc)

If I am understanding this correctly.... Then I am even more confused because that does not make any sense right now. :confused:

Why is the Regent manufactured June 19th, 2007 different than the Regent manufactured one day earlier? :eek:

Please someone help me out. Do I need to buy a new regent?? Or are there going to be ''enhancements'' to the installation rules for those as well? Is there going to be a recall for all Regents and Huskies?

My head is spinning. I do not think I can get a good install using the SBP in my vehicle. I will try later on today and let you know. It's going to be fun! 100+ degress, no A/C, 2-door vehicle, ELR belts and a locking clip! Yee-haw! Wish me luck. :doh:

Today is also ironically the last day of my 1-year warranty by the way. :dizzy:

ADS

Kellyr2

Few, if any *Regents* were manufactured before Nov 05.* If you happen to have one that was, personally, I'd call to verify. It would make sense that the changes would be effective with the first batch.
The ones after June 18 07 already came with the newer manuals with these same instructions anyway.
You don't need a new seat, they've just changed the rules around on the way you can install the seat you have.

*I say that because I bought the Husky in Nov 05, brand new, and I know for sure that Regents weren't out yet. The Huskies were all going on sale then, but the Regents had not yet been released. I think they were released in January 06.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
So..Let me get this straight.. Regents manufactured between Nov. 10, 2005 and June 18, 2007 are the only ones affected, correct?

Yes

This means if your Regent was manufactured outside of those dates (say before Nov. 10, 2005 or after June 18, 2007) that you can continue to use the seat ''the old way'' like the original manual says? (LBP ok after 40 lbs, recline bar optional when seat is tethered, etc)

Yes and no. Regents made after the affected date range already come with the new manual with the revised installation instructions. Regents made before the affected date range, if any exist, are not affected.

If I am understanding this correctly.... Then I am even more confused because that does not make any sense right now. :confused:

Why is the Regent manufactured June 19th, 2007 different than the Regent manufactured one day earlier? :eek:

I wish I knew for sure but I think there is no real difference other than the seats made after the cutoff date already have the revised labeling, new instruction manual, and longer LATCH strap for owners to do the new long belt path LATCH installation for kids under 40 lbs.

Please someone help me out. Do I need to buy a new regent?? Or are there going to be ''enhancements'' to the installation rules for those as well? Is there going to be a recall for all Regents and Huskies?

No need to buy a new one because it will have the revised instructions, too. Now a NIB Husky, if such a seat still exists, is a hot commodity because it's not subject to the new manual, or at least it hasn't been included yet by Britax.

My head is spinning. I do not think I can get a good install using the SBP in my vehicle. I will try later on today and let you know. It's going to be fun! 100+ degress, no A/C, 2-door vehicle, ELR belts and a locking clip! Yee-haw! Wish me luck. :doh:

Good luck! I can so relate.

Today is also ironically the last day of my 1-year warranty by the way. :dizzy:

Ironic indeed.

Hope I helped with your questions. :) Many of us are in the same boat and trying to sort it all out.

Last edited:

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
*I say that because I bought the Husky in Nov 05, brand new, and I know for sure that Regents weren't out yet. The Huskies were all going on sale then, but the Regents had not yet been released. I think they were released in January 06.

My Regent was made on 11/14/05 and we got it within a week of them being sold in December of 05.

Kellyr2

Ah, see, I was pretty close. I knew for sure they weren't officially out yet when I bought my Husky, but we already knew about them.
So, it sounds like you probably got the first batch.

LuvBug

I asked britax and they said there were some manufactured before that date, but that they were "of another class" and are not included in the advisory... I know someone on here, last week I think, said they had a 10/05 regent???

Momto1bigkiddo

Thanks everyone. That makes more sense to me now. I didn't know the new Regents were also included in this. What a bummer.

I still haven't switched to the SBP installation yet, I decided to wait until I get my stuff in the mail from Britax even though I am anxious to see if it will work or not.

Alex weighed 40 lbs. fully dressed today, which makes me comfortable leaving his seat as it is for right now (LBP, recline bar, tethered).

I wish Britax would better explain why these changes have been made, what happened during the testing, etc. It is very strange to me that the Huskies are not included in this, and even more strange is that the few Regents manufactured before Nov. 10th, '05 are not affected. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC