Head sling?

BeautifulChaos

We stopped by the local natural foods market the other day and were browsing some of their products when I came across an aftermarket item I had never seen before. It attaches to the outside of a convertible car seat (stated specifically for toddlers+, not infants) and goes over their forehead to prevent head slump. Aside from the fact that no toddler I know would willingly allow for this thing to be put across their head....is it dangerous? Has anyone ever seen anything like it? I wish I had taken a picture

ADS

Pixels

I've seen a few such products (online, not IRL). If it slips down it could be a strangulation hazard.

mamom

Maybe for a Very low tone FF SN kiddo, they make "hats" with velcro for them to use with SN seats???????

Shaunam

Maybe for a Very low tone FF SN kiddo, they make "hats" with velcro for them to use with SN seats???????

The roosevelt has one. As for the product the op described, I've seen it and I would definitely use one on Charlie if it seemed like the best solution. I haven't gotten that desperate yet though. LOL I think it's a bad idea for typical kids. They would fiddle with it too much, pull it down around their necks, etc.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I've got rep to give anyone who finds a picture of this product! I'm specifically looking for the advertisement pic showing it being used on a child.

I remember seeing it myself (maybe at ABC 2010?) and thought it was a laughable not to mention potentially dangerous. I'm currently working on a CEU presentation for my next technical update class, on non-regulated products, and I'd love to have a pic of this thing.

mimieliza

snuggler.jpg

It's called a Head Snuggler. Sold here: https://www.mackananllc.com/retailstore/head-snuggler.php

ETA another pic:
2011021814026_item_head.jpg

canmom

That lovely little product is made right here in Calgary Alberta :eek:. Iirc, it has come up before on .org. I know she was at the ABC kids show a few years ago with her product. Also.. I think there was a big discussion with her over on BBC... anyone remember??

ETA: Searched the forum, http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=94536&highlight=head+snuggler there is a link to the BBC discussion, not sure if the link works, didn't check.

She is also a part of a local car seat recycling program that donates seats they deem as "safe" to needy families http://kidseatrecyclers.ca/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC