Really need to decide on new convertible

My MA 65 is just about a goner. Only have until February with this seat. I would love to cash in on the next trade in at BRU and use that, but I also need to buy another mini-crib and can trade for that as well.

So, about my ds. He is small. He has a growth disorder that makes him grow verrrry sloooow. He is almost 28mo now. He wears 12mo clothes, is 22lbs and 30.5in. He is currently in a MA65 and is below the 2nd slots if in a sposie, even with if in cloth. He also fits the SR30 yet with more than an inch left above his head. So, I can really do what ever I want for a seat for him and it will last years.

Features that are important to me :
RF Tether or ARB
nice thick harness like Britax
no puzzle buckle (one reason I stray from CCO)
quality covers (another reason I stray from CCO)
high RF limit (his growth disorder is due to a skeletal growth delay, therefore his skeletal system is younger than his age)
easy of use and installation (would love a Zeus)
portability (we fly occasionally)
3 across if needed in back of minivan

I haven't seen anything new coming out so I guess I'm most likely to get another britax in the end. Really wish I loved the pattern choice better but there are some I could deal with.I need to make a decision soon so I can start looking for any deals these next few months.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Radian seems to tick most of your boxes. It's not the easiest to install, but that's it (nor is the Zeus, for that matter). It has a tether, it's narrow, it has the highest rear facing weight limits and is right up there for tallest shell. The straps are nice, and the covers are fine.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy. I've had a Radian, not a lover of it. The seat doesn't have to be used in the 3rd row as a 3 in a row, but its always nice to have options. I guess I keep wishing something new would come out or Britax would release fun boy patterns. Going to miss the Fido when we bid ado to the classic MA. I have pondered just getting another classic just to keep the cute covers. They are all so expensive still and getting older by the day. I may as well just get a new britax with the new features if I'm going to spend the same money.

cupcakepirate11

Well from what I understand only britax and diono can rf tether and you don't like the radian. I love my marathon it is heavy to travel with but the cowmoo cover is amazing.
You can still buy a classic marathon, the shell is taller.(correct me if I am wrong on that)

Have you looked at the pria something or other?

T4K

Get a classic marathon from target. Then you can put any of the classic Britax covers on it.

Your list basically described Britax...you should probably just go with it. ;-)

ETA: sounds like he would have a lot of room in the CCO, too. It also fits your description. I know most people wouldn't by a CCO for a 2.5 year old but you have a special situation.

gigi

I would get a new gen Britax for a kid with a skeletal disorder. I would want the newer safety features protecting his immature bones.

Last edited:
He had tons of room in the CCO back in January. He was on the bottom slots yet iirc. I may end up with 1 or 2 of those for my daycare. I don't transport right now since we have to have an alarm system installed in 6+ passenger vehicles so we don't leave children in them on a hot day. I'm all for that, but the reason for it in WI is because of a few centers in Milwaukee that left kids in those huge vans. Very tragic. Anyway, its expensive for a small hdc to do, so until I can afford to I'm not transporting.

My son, even if he didn't have this disorder, would be RF to the limits. I'm sure it'll be easy to get to 4yo in the MA70/RA50, maybe even the CCO, lol. I really do like the new britax line. I am going to try to get to the city this month. There's a target and super target that I can check for RA50 deals.

There's another boy in my town with the same disorder. He is 4.5yo, looks to be an older 2yo though. His mom RF him in a RA40 until close to 3 : )

I'm sure I'll end up with a new Britax, but at least if I get something else I'll still have a use for it with my daycare. I do infant/toddler care.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC