Narrowest booster?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We are likely switching vehicles with DD and giving her our Sub. We are taking her 2dr Cobalt and I will likely be driving it for a year or so. Which means, I get the pleasure of finding a way to get 3 kids in the back...I know, I'm insane. I did get the RN XTSL in rf'ing in the center for her dd, which is where my dd will ride. I'm pretty sure I can get another RN in outboard (FF) for one of my 4yr olds (I got a ProBooster in there at the moment)...but my other 4yr old doesn't fit in a Radian and I will need to put a booster in for him. I know I just said I got the ProBooster in, and I did...but it's not something I would want to have to deal with daily.

Would an original style Parkway be narrower (or maybe just easier without the armrests) then say a Turbobooster? What other narrow boosters are there? I'm not so worried about shoulder width since it will be next to a rf'ing seat...I need it narrow at the base so I can get to the buckle...which is why I was thinking original style Parkway if I can find one...

Only other option would be to put ds harnessed in the front seat...

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Yep, only for a year. Then it's going to oldest DS as his car and we will be replacing it then. We are getting one family friendly vehicle in the next few weeks, but dh will likely be driving it as I doubt he'll be able to get in/out of the Cobalt without being in pain (back/hip issues) and we are giving his GrandPrix to our oldest DD so she can have a vehicle to haul her baby around (driving an xcab truck with side facing rear seats). Which means, I'm left to drive the Cobalt for a year.

I checked eBay today and the only old style ones I could find were used icky ones. I will check again tomorrow...thanks!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Huh. I just found this on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evenflo-Big...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e686011ce#ht_781wt_1034
3131737EV.jpg

Evenflo Big Kid Confidence

We don't have any width data in the database for this seat. I wonder how wide it is. There are no arms!! I need something like this, but only about 13" wide, for my Civic. I seriously doubt it's that narrow. :rolleyes:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Do you have a Monterey? They fit nicely next to a rf Radian.

Nope. No Monterey. We haven't gotten into boosters yet as we are just beginning booster training since he's only 4.5. Hmmm, I do like that it can be LATCHED...that would be a really nice feature. I just worry about the arm rests and being able to reach the buckle.

Jessica61624

KaysKidz said:
Nope. No Monterey. We haven't gotten into boosters yet as we are just beginning booster training since he's only 4.5. Hmmm, I do like that it can be LATCHED...that would be a really nice feature. I just worry about the arm rests and being able to reach the buckle.

It's not much fun to buckle but I love the Monterey. I was driving a 99 alero and had a ff frontier/rf Radian/Monterey
It's a small back seat I was shocked it even fit.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Safety 1st Boost Air is super narrow at the belt path, and the flip up armrests make it easy to deal with, it's more or less my first choice for a highback next to another seat. Doesn't LATCH, but rarely can you LATCH in a three across anyway, because you need that extra inch or two with the seat a little closer to the door to buckle.

sirrahn

Huh. I just found this on ebay:
Evenflo Big Kid Confidence

We don't have any width data in the database for this seat. I wonder how wide it is. There are no arms!! I need something like this, but only about 13" wide, for my Civic. I seriously doubt it's that narrow. :rolleyes:

I briefly had one of those, but honestly I'm not completely remembering why I decided not to keep it. I think I was looking for something more comfortable for my now 11 yr old. I don't think it was terribly narrow though.

momtoo3

I just got a Vivo to fit in our narrow 3 across in dh's Malibu. It is next to a FF MR and puzzles great. I haven't tried it next to a RF seat though. I have also been able to use a Big Kid because of the flip up armrests. It fit ds2 great, even when he was only about 35-38 pounds and 44 inches. The PWSG also fit 3 across for us but was harder to buckle. For the Vivo, I am going to use a little velcro circle to stick the buckle to the side of the Vivo so ds2 can buckle himself, unless someone here tells me that is unsafe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC