Official Wayfair ISO and FS list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I just want to say that all "profits" I make by selling seats go directly into the box with the tips I get for doing private car seat checks and used entirely to fund recertification fees and buy car seats for people who can't afford them. I don't come anywhere close to making money or even partially funding/offsetting the car seats I keep for personal use.

Also, I offer seats on this board for considerably less than I offer them on Craigslist because I want to pass on good deals to my "friends" here.

If I'm going over the limit in any way, please let me know. But I don't think it's fair to say it's a "crappy" thing to try to earn a little cash considering how much money it costs me to keep the children in my community safe.

ADS

T4K

Ducky5306 said:
Since the other person I was talking with already got one if the parkway doesn't work I'll PM you.

I'll be asking what I actually paid for it plus shipping. Can I say I think its pretty crappy to try to make a buck off people who could really use these seats? Everyone on here claims to be all about helping children be as safe as possible but I guess that only applies when it isn't about you making some cash?

Sorry pregnancy hormones make me not able to shut my mouth about this.

Sent from my HTC using Car-Seat.Org

Well, I didn't spend MY time stalking Wayfair. I didn't spend MY time coming up with USPS quotes. I didn't spend MY time and gas to go the the Post Office to mail these seats. Their time has to be worth something. Surely you would feel the same in their position. Besides, people that are buying these seats already have kids that are safe. Not to mention, most these people work their asses off to keep people they don't even know safe all the freaking time.

Ducky5306

Thirsty4Knowledge said:
Well, I didn't spend MY time stalking Wayfair. I didn't spend MY time coming up with USPS quotes. I didn't spend MY time and gas to go the the Post Office to mail these seats. Their time has to be worth something. Surely you would feel the same in their position. Besides, people that are buying these seats already have kids that are safe. Not to mention, most these people work their asses off to keep people they don't even know safe all the freaking time.

Umm if you had spent your time doing something more useful then stalking for seats you didn't need then maybe other people who needed the seats could have just bought them in the first place saving you time and them money. Win Win!!

I was raised to not take more then you need in life and leave some for others. I hope my son learns the same growing up.

Baylor

Ducky5306 said:
Umm if you had spent your time doing something more useful then stalking for seats you didn't need then maybe other people who needed the seats could have just bought them in the first place saving you time and them money. Win Win!!

I was raised to not take more then you need in life and leave some for others. I hope my son learns the same growing up.

I understand that but do you think the sites are selling theses seats at a loss?

I think you may want consider how you are coming across. I don't know a more dedicated group of people trying to make sure there are as many kids as possible.safe when traveling.

No one is getting rich here. All the prices I have seen posted are well under market value.

I for one am grateful for the site stalkers and that they shared. Op on the thread could have bought all available and then sold them for profit. However she came here shared the deal and now many kids will have better newer seats that maybe their parents could never have afforded like me.

auto-correct on the loose..

bethng

I just want to say that all "profits" I make by selling seats go directly into the box with the tips I get for doing private car seat checks and used entirely to fund recertification fees and buy car seats for people who can't afford them. I don't come anywhere close to making money or even partially funding/offsetting the car seats I keep for personal use.

:thumbsup:

melniemi

I have 2 rxt's. One spring, one shadow. I live in a remote area so shipping will likely be a little higher, I'm 20 min from ups. I paid $153 each. Make a reasonable offer.:love:

T4K

Ducky5306 said:

Theres a difference between taking more than you need and wasting it and buying seats to perhaps make a little extra money for the holidays. No one bought the seats to toss them out the window.

Perhaps those that needed seats couldn't be on the computer. Chances are that even if people here didn't buy them, someone else would. Come on, we both know that. If we were in a perfect society, perhaps it would work out like you stated.

I respect your opinion. But I'm not sure why people that spent their time can't profit a little off if it. No one is getting rich here.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Not that he needs my approval, but I completely agree with the way Darren has structured this forum.

Nothing wrong with trying to make a buck, and no one is entitled to a Wayfair or other bargain seat so first come first serve, but if a person is has purchased seats with plans to resell for profit (regardless of what she plans to do with that profit), it should be treated as a business and this forum is not for business ventures.

Mags462

I am feeling slightly argumentative this morning so i am going to hop in here with my 2 cents :D

In regards to the buy/sell for profit i have done so before - not this time, i didn't fee like messing with it..... but i see nothing wrong with it. In order for it to be "wrong" it would mean i am putting a child in danger in order to "make my buck" as you so call it.

ALL seats in this country are SAFE - so no one NEEDS a FR85 more than they NEED a Nauti or a Meastro..... sure there are certain instances where one might work better than another or a child has reached certain weight/height restrictions but last time i checked no one NEEDED a $200 Stone R100..... a 40lb RF Scenera works just as well. Yeah, i get it - one's nicer than another but just because we are passionate here about safety and try to find the "perfect" seats doesn't mean that other children who "needed" them are going without. $160 plus shipping IS a good deal - if someone doesn't want to pay that they are welcome to pass.

FWIW i have sold several seats at cost to people who were "in need"..... i could have easily just recommended them a $40 scenera or $80 meastro which would have worked as well. I think its a little crazy to insinuate that buying up the good deals means someone else isn't able to safely restrain their children. "Need" is relative in a lot of cases - and if you happen to KNOW someone who NEEDS a seat with certain parameters i am positive an ISO post in swap for a low cost seat that meets your needs would yield results..... :)

Stepping off the soapbox now :p

StillThankful

FWIW, some of the people will actually sell you a seat at cost if you are in the area. Nannymom (not that she has any available now at cost;)) was offering me one at cost if I met her in MD. If you really want one for cost and live near a person who is selling one, I'm sure you guys could work out something--for we ARE a virtual family:p. 2 cents

To prevent people from buying a BUTT-LOAD of seats and selling them for profit, usually a company will limit the quantity per person, but in this case, there was no limit, so I guess it was fair game.

I bought one for DD1 and one for DD2's godmother--I'm selling it to her for cost @ $115 & delivering it to her in Richmond while on our way to MD--she is thrilled that she is getting it so inexpensive.:D

NannyMom

FWIW, some of the people will actually sell you a seat at cost if you are in the area. Nannymom (not that she has any available now at cost;)) was offering me one at cost if I met her in MD. If you really want one for cost and live near a person who is selling one, I'm sure you guys could work out something--for we ARE a virtual family:p. 2 cents

To prevent people from buying a BUTT-LOAD of seats and selling them for profit, usually a company will limit the quantity per person, but in this case, there was no limit, so I guess it was fair game.

I bought one for DD1 and one for DD2's godmother--I'm selling it to her for cost @ $115 & delivering it to her in Richmond while on our way to MD--she is thrilled that she is getting it so inexpensiveD.

And if mine take too long to sell, the price will go down until they are at cost plus shipping ;)

sfaqt18

I have two Rushmore FR85 (also have red rock but has been taken out of box and plastic. Not ridden in and sill have all original packaging, if you'd rather have that color, but I have to keep at least one of the three seats for myself, I just don't care about color) $160 each plus shipping from 75503. I bought these extras for my sisters twins and daughter as backup seats in her hubby's truck and she only needed one of them. Hope someone can benefit from a priced way under retail seat!!! I have all positive feedback on eBay, hyenacart and diaperswappers under the same screen name.

Willing to trade/partial trade for new or super excellent Chicco Keyfit in midori or red or a CCO cover in keylime, carrot cake or cool mint!!;)

Last edited:

hrice

I have two Rushmore FR85 (also have red rock but has been taken out of box and plastic. Not ridden in and sill have all original packaging, if you'd rather have that color, but I have to keep at least one of the three seats for myself, I just don't care about color) $160 each plus shipping from 75503. I bought these extras for my sisters twins and daughter as backup seats in her hubby's truck and she only needed one of them. Hope someone can benefit from a priced way under retail seat!!! I have all positive feedback on eBay, hyenacart and diaperswappers under the same screen name.

Willing to trade/partial trade for new or super excellent Chicco Keyfit in midori or red or a CCO cover in keylime, carrot cake or cool mint!!;)

Where in TX are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC