Question 2006 Kia Sedona, what do I need to know?

agave

Tomorrow we are going to test drive and possibly buy a Sedona. What are regularly scheduled maintenance costs like? It has 97k on it what has to be done at 100k?

I have 1 husband, 2 kids and 1 dog so we should have plenty of space. Will my radians and frontier 85 be happy in the van? What else should I know?

ADS

purplemama

We've only had our Sedona for a little over a week so I have no idea on maintainence costs.

I found the RF radian to be pretty reclined. I guess the toddler wedge will help that.

Good luck! We love ours so far!

KiwiGem

I have a 2009 NZ Carnival which is the same shape and I like both the Radian and Frontier installs in my car. My car has only done 32km so far and I can only tell you what it's cost me so far in NZ $$ but the last 30km service was just under NZ$500.

I personally like the install of the Frontier in harness mode (recline block forward) better in the rear row than middle - if we were allowed to install it in harness mode with the recline block back, I might like it better in the middle row captain chairs but I can only but dream on that one.

The only position I don't love the Radian is rf'ing in the middle captain chair of the middle row because I find it over reclines slightly as the two front seats are too wide for it to brace against. This probably only matters to me because I don't have babies and we now need a more upright installation. I've had no trouble getting quite an upright rf'ing install in both middle and rear row seats and it installs easily forward facing.

I took some photos for a NZ lady over the weekend showing some seats I have here and with the Radian rf'ing behind the driver. A wedge would definitely help even more but I've figured out a few tricks in the meantime.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.227936193938195.58157.140802319318250&type=3 (sorry about the funny link - let me know if that doesn't work)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC