Question 2004 Dodge Caravan?

BudgieStew

What are the good/bad ugly of this van?

I do not know much about Dodges because I strongly dislike Dodge/Chevy/Pontiac but we are thinking of replacing my Subaru with this van only for the space issue, not sure if I can give up my AWD though.

Our friends are replacing their Caravan with a 2012 Odyssey and the dealership was offering them 1500.00 for it so they decided they would rather sell it at that price to a friend then trade it in to the dealership. It has a little over 100,000 KM on it and they said the bottom was rusty but I am not sure how bad.

DH and I are discussing it but I would like to know more about the issues first. I have already put several thousand dollars in repairs into my Subaru and I'd rather not replace it with another money pit.

Thanks

ADS

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
I have a 2002 Caravan SE and :love: it!!!

We bought it in 2008 with 94,000 Km on it for $4000 from friends. We have had no issues with it. We have replaced the breaks once and thats it. We are currently in need of a Oxygen sensor and a new muffler.

We use winter tires and the van handles wonderfully in the winter.

Pixels

Dodge is not owned by Pontiac/Chevy/GM. They are owned by Chrysler.

I know the old Dodges were a-maz-ing, but I don't know about ones from this millennium.

Mysweethoneybee

I don't know about the 2004 but the 2005 has really sloped back seats. We have had a problem with the automatic door locks sometimes but you can look up the fix on google. You just have to unplug the fuses and plug them back in. Otherwise I really love the 2005.

Baylor

We have a 2001 grand caravan with 84000 miles on it. No big issues at all. I have 2 benches and no issues installing cat seats at all.

auto-correct on the loose..

BudgieStew

Dodge is not owned by Pontiac/Chevy/GM. They are owned by Chrysler.

I know the old Dodges were a-maz-ing, but I don't know about ones from this millennium.

I'm wasn't saying they were although I can see how my grouping them together might make one think that, I was just stating in general I dislike most domestic cars with the exception of Ford.;) so have no knowledge on them at all.

Winter tires are a requirement in Quebec but even if they were not we would still use them we live rural gravel roads with curves.

Arrgh DH says I have to put the children to bed so will have to revisit this thread once they are in bed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC