Pics of Diono Angle Adjuster in Use

chuffednz

I thought you all might be interested in some pics of the Diono angle adjuster in use. We have some available in NZ for retailers and techs for demo purposes (they aren't for general sale yet). These pics are in a 2009 Kia Carnival (same as a Kia Sedona) passenger middle row seatbelt install.

First pic you can see that the seat is starting to pull up when braced against the passenger seat in this position so obviously you wouldn't use it like this but it was quite hard to show the room it was generating.

The second photo was with the angle adjuster same positioning and we could comfortably fit a forearm between the seats. The seat wasn't installed tightly and no effort was made to increase the pressure to make the seat more upright. I am confident that we could have generated more room if this hadn't been done so quickly.

ADS

KiwiGem

I was totally scratching my head thinking "when did your car turn blue?" :scratcheshead: then I realised it was the pics we took in my car :eek:

I'm still surprised at how much extra space we gained with so little effort!

chuffednz

No engineered foam, it is really quite hard, not really squishy but soft enough to get 'grip' onto. Works really well :)

mumof2

I so cant wait to get one (well 2)

will be interesting to see if it makes much diference in my husband's skyline which isnt what you would call a family car and even if it doesn it should make a difference in my car (nissan pulsar)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Ahhh, I really need two *right.now* (well, I only need ONE right now, I guess). I'm doing a 3across for a friend who's due in less than a month. MAN I hope these are available soon.

Pixels

It looks like a rectangular block, not a wedge shape. What are these arrows that we've heard were printed backwards and caused the delay?

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
No engineered foam, it is really quite hard, not really squishy but soft enough to get 'grip' onto. Works really well :)

What are the instructions for it? Is it supposed to be put under the seat after a tight install has been achieved or do you put it under and then tighten? Where you said it "grips" I'm wondering if it could cause a false sense of tightness similar to under seat mats.

finn

When will they be available in NZ?

I need one for everyone else's car, the radian installs almost too upright (if there is such a thing) in my car.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Pixels

I think OP meant that it's squishy enough that the seat makes a dent. It's not hard like a piece of wood. Some vehicles have really hard seats that make getting less than an inch of movement nearly impossible.

Syllieann

Thanks for the pics! I can't wait to get one. If they'd had this a year ago, I would have bought 2 more radians, hmpf.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm guessing it's made of the same material (or similar) as the recline block that Combi uses. Even looks like the same color.

JerseyGirl'sMama

mumof2 said:
I so cant wait to get one (well 2)

will be interesting to see if it makes much diference in my husband's skyline which isnt what you would call a family car and even if it doesn it should make a difference in my car (nissan pulsar)

Your DH has a Skyline?!!!! Which model? Which year?

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
LISmama810 said:
I'm guessing it's made of the same material (or similar) as the recline block that Combi uses. Even looks like the same color.

That is what I was thinking.

¡May contain dyac moments!

chuffednz

It is a rectangle shape and yes it is like a carseat in that with pressure it can squish slightly not sure of the combi foam sorry. (we don't have them in NZ).
They'll be available probably in January in NZ.
Install is to thread seatbelt or latch through loosely, place the adjuster under the back of the seat, not under the foot and tighten.
The shape of the adjuster is that it is a rectangle and our arrows are correct so I'm not sure what the arrow problem was sorry.
Finn there are a few retailers around NZ who have them and there are more available for the retailers so if your friends want to try it out get them to contact a retailer to try one so they can pre-order for when the shipment arrives.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
chuffednz said:

I was referring to design not the material. I had thought it would be shaped to conform to the shape of the shell and look less add-onish.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC