Sweden car seats

lourdes

I am not going to buy a Sweden car seat but I am just curious of how much it cost to ship one to the US, so for those here ho own one, how much it cost to ship one to the US???

ADS

hrice

lourdes said:
I am not going to buy a Sweden car seat but I am just curious of how much it cost to ship one to the US, so for those here ho own one, how much it cost to ship one to the US???

The seat and shipping together was about $600 for me.. The shipping was about 100 bucks.

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

lourdes

Ok, and why people here choose the multi-tech rather than others that seems to give more leg room at the same price?

lourdes

Jessica61624 said:
They rear face to 55 lbs and turn into a booster. There are other features that are cooler. Have you seen a multi tech rf?

They RF up to 55 pounds but FF up to 40. And no, I have never seen one is person, I try to look for pictures online but the didn't look clear, I have never seen a TFP, or a Radian other than mine, or a Monterey, or a CCO, or any Recaro seat, I haven't seen too much!!!!

hrice

Here are a few pics. The MT does also turn into a booster to 55#. You can see the belt guides in the under part of the headrest.

View attachment 13615

Tallest setting. Colton was about 2.5 here. He had tons of room to grow. He would have easily RFed past 5 in it. There isn't a 1" rule with Swedish seats. Children can remain RF until the tops of their ears are level with the top of the shell (or headrest with this seat).

Last edited:

Jessica61624

lourdes said:
They RF up to 55 pounds but FF up to 40. And no, I have never seen one is person, I try to look for pictures online but the didn't look clear, I have never seen a TFP, or a Radian other than mine, or a Monterey, or a CCO, or any Recaro seat, I haven't seen too much!!!!

They don't practice extended harnessing in Sweden. Kids get turned ft and go to a booster.

lourdes

So a Sweden seat will last until 5 or 6 and then go to booster, nice! I wonder why they don't make seats like that here?

skaterbabs

It's a different philosophy. In some things the Swedes are ahead of us, in others, notsomuch. (and thus the danger of the argument that "the Swedes are so much better than us!")

penguingrooves

lourdes said:
So a Sweden seat will last until 5 or 6 and then go to booster, nice! I wonder why they don't make seats like that here?

my guesses are that:
- all RF US seats must be able to be installed with the latch mechanism, which allows RFing up to only 40lb/18kg. (radian may be the only seat which allows a higher limit to 45 lbs.)
- multi-tech uses a foot prop, and i don't think US testing/certifying centers use simulated "cars" with floors.

besides the high weight and height limits of MT, it's efficiently designed. some parents complain that it's too upright, but it's not when one realizes that an ERFing child will often be technically grown enough to FF which is more upright.

MT also doesn't need to be braced against the front seat while RFing, unlike the two-way elite. since new US cars come with advanced airbags, RF carseats cannot lean against the front seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC