What's new in the HWH arena?

Synchro246

I see all this rigamaroe about Regent. I know that the Radian 80 exists.
What's possibly coming out that will harness beyond 65lb? What is already out that will harness beyond 65lb that I'm missing?
I know I could search the forum and figure it out, but I want easy answers:cool:
TIA

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yup! The new Recaros will harness to 70 pounds.

The only other new HWH seat I know of is the Britax Advocate.

Synchro246

Woah! What is this Britax Advocate? Wow. I just goodsearched it real quick and it looks as though I have some reading to do. It's new to me.

ETA- britax doesn't have it on their site (yet?)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Safeguard is the name of the company, Childseat is the carseat -- Safeguard is a part of IMMI ... makers of LATCH & emergency restraint systems :)

There's also www.ezonpro.com (SafetyAngel is a retailer)

Morganthe

Not sure if it's considered a HWH, but it goes past the traditional 40lbs to 50lbs/ 50" ...
the new Triumph Advanced

Big but affordable.

Also there's the Britax Traveller Plus for 'special needs' category. Other than the price, I don't know what would stop use for an 'average' child.

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Woah! What is this Britax Advocate? Wow. I just goodsearched it real quick and it looks as though I have some reading to do. It's new to me.

ETA- britax doesn't have it on their site (yet?)

RIght, it isn't on Britax's website yet.

The Britax Advocate with Seat Logix sets itself apart from other convertible car seats by offering True Side Impact Protection (TSIP), the ability to adjust the height of the shoulder straps with the turn of a knob and the New Seat Logix system by Britax.

The new Britax Seat Logix helps parents make sure their child's seat is installed properly. The Patented Seat Logix feature offers parents LED indicators for both Seat-to-Vehicle Tensioning and Child-to-Harness Tensioning. The Seat Logix also has a 6-year battery life indicator in the interactive display unit to offer additional peace of mind.

The Britax Advocate is a Convertible Child Seat with LATCH that can be used rear facing for children 5 to 35 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds*. The child's height should be between 18 and 49 inches.

Product Features:

TSIP True Side Impact Protection helps protect your child in side impact crashes.
Easy headpad and harness height adjustment with the turn of a knob allows you to adjust the height of the straps as your child grows without having to rethread them through the car seat.
Isofit Flexible Buckle System for LATCH is a new method of installing a child seat without using the vehicle seat belt. A simpler installation means a more consistent and therefore safer installation. Isofit clicks into place for a secure hold, until you release it with a squeeze of the red trigger.
The Five-Point Polyester Harness, with strong no-tangle polyester webbing, fits snugly over the child's shoulders, collarbone and hips providing a more secure fit as your child grows.

Versa-Tether is patented by Britax, for the most security in both forward and rear facing installations. Tethering in the rear-facing mode provides additional installation stability and reduces movement because the weight is stabilized between two points.
The Patented Floating HUGS System is designed to better distribute webbing loads to reduce head movement and minimize the chance for webbing edge loading on the child's neck in the case of an impact. In addition, it is designed to reduce the chance of improper positioning of the chest clip.
Built in Lock-Offs, both forward facing and rear facing, are designed for easy reach and operation when using traditional belt routing.
Comfort and EPS Foam Provide additional comfort and impact protection for your child with the Advocate's combination of Comfort Foam and EPS Foam. The same type of padding used in protective headgear.
The One Pull Harness Strap Adjuster makes it easy to get the secure fit every child needs for protection.

* Use vehicle seat belt (not LATCH connectors) for installations with children weighing more than 48 pounds (21 kg.). Refer to the vehicle's owner's manual for the maximum weight rating for their LATCH anchors.

Last edited:

Synchro246

Safeguard is the name of the company, Childseat is the carseat -- Safeguard is a part of IMMI ... makers of LATCH & emergency restraint systems :)

There's also www.ezonpro.com (SafetyAngel is a retailer)

I remember the safeguard now-- the one with aircraft grade metal reinforcement? The first page of my search didn't come up with anything specific to that seat. What is the weightlimit?

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I'm think safegaurd is only the 65 limit as well but a little higher harness then the britax 65 seats but not as high as the regent... but cost is about $400 something range

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
As far as I can tell, it is just a computerized BV, but with a push-button harness adjuster and a reported 35-pound RF weight limit (neither of which has been verified, though).

LuvBug

I'm still looking forward to the Recaro. :) I hate to get my hopes up when no one has really used it yet, but I can hope, right?

yup, I hope it comes out soon! I dont believe rumors about products, even from the companies themselves... Ive seen too many seat companies say the seat will be this, then after final testing and all, they turned out to be that :thumbsdown: like the apex originally started out with tall slots, and the newer triumph was suppose to have taller slots than the older triumphs, the safeguard go had taller harness positions to start... so Im not banking on the reported 19" top slots until someone has one in hand and can prove it lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC