need superlight stroller

LEAW

Hey!

I had a Chicco London (uhm about 15lbs?) that got mangled on a recent flight, and we couldn't salvage it. I live in Chicago, where we use the bus pretty frequently, and I need a new bus stroller.

I have a P&T E3 for walking trips, we walk a LOT. Here's my list of wants...

Under 10 lbs
folds easily
NO or removable kid tray
fits on the bus
taller handles (the Chicco was ok) or adjustable
recline
basket not necessary, but nice
carry strap not necessary but nice
good for bigger kids (tall 30# toddler)
good for infants (tall 20# 5mo old)
canopy not necessary
parent accessories not necessary

price under $150 would be best, though if it's awesome, I might consider more.

ADS

Niea

My recommendation (as always) is the Maclaren Volo. However, the only thing it doesn't have is a reclining seat. To get that, you can always get the Maclaren Techno, but it's 11lbs.

lovinwaves

The new G-Lite is made by Uppa Baby. It is $99, and ONLY weighs 8.3lbs.!! It is very comparable to the Maclaren, but less expensive, and comes with Fabric insert.

product_0007_category_shot.jpg

http://www.uppababy.com/product_0007.php

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
And it folds with finger triggers, and it stands alone when folded... those are better than the Volo, IMO...I want one of these SO bad!

The mac triumph, not techno, is the one i think the pp meant, that's light, carry strap, and mild recline.

Peg Aria OH is definitely One Handed fold, and stands alone, and you can take the tray off it...a tad plasticy, but a really nice 'convenience' stroller in a super light package (awseome recline, awesome canopy)

:)

The new G-Lite is made by Uppa Baby. It is $99, and ONLY weighs 8.3lbs.!! It is very comparable to the Maclaren, but less expensive, and comes with Fabric insert.

product_0007_category_shot.jpg

http://www.uppababy.com/product_0007.php

cheerbop

Man, I just got my Volo (love it) and my Twin Techno and P3 recently and you are all making me want an Uppa and a baby planet (single and double) instead......:whistle:

Seriously, the specs on these strollers is awesome. I still love what I have but these are SO tempting!

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
And it folds with finger triggers, and it stands alone when folded... those are better than the Volo, IMO...I want one of these SO bad!

The mac triumph, not techno, is the one i think the pp meant, that's light, carry strap, and mild recline.

Peg Aria OH is definitely One Handed fold, and stands alone, and you can take the tray off it...a tad plasticy, but a really nice 'convenience' stroller in a super light package (awseome recline, awesome canopy)

:)

I should be getting my G-Lite any day now so I can finally let you know about it Jools :) I am soooo excited!

The Bjorns

Just saw a write-up in Parents magazine on the Uppa in the cool new gotta have it gear section. I think I need to come up with a reason I need a super lightweight stroller....can't use public transportation as an excuse since they're on strike right now...

vamom

I was getting pretty excited til I saw this stroller only went to 40#. I have a maclaren vogue that is getting pretty well worn and the airline busted the canopy. I can't decide what to get. Ds has lost down to 37#, but he was 41 a few weeks ago.
I loved the mia mode, but they said 40 # max. I tried the volo at target and it was so much nicer then my vogue (steering/fold).

I keep the stroller in the prius for the mall and festivals. I could really use something more all terrain, but they all seem so big for the car, and ds has not been a big fan of the joggers we have tried (he doesn't like the foot rest part). We also plan to fly a bit and need the stroller for travel.

I can't decide if I should rough it out with the vogue, pick a volo, or spring for the techno. Ds is 4.5 yr, 44#, and the stroller is his safe place when he is overstimulated.

Would definelly like to see other higher weight strollers!!

Thanks,
Wendy

whineandchz

I was getting pretty excited til I saw this stroller only went to 40#. I have a maclaren vogue that is getting pretty well worn and the airline busted the canopy. I can't decide what to get. Ds has lost down to 37#, but he was 41 a few weeks ago.
I loved the mia mode, but they said 40 # max. I tried the volo at target and it was so much nicer then my vogue (steering/fold).

I keep the stroller in the prius for the mall and festivals. I could really use something more all terrain, but they all seem so big for the car, and ds has not been a big fan of the joggers we have tried (he doesn't like the foot rest part). We also plan to fly a bit and need the stroller for travel.

I can't decide if I should rough it out with the vogue, pick a volo, or spring for the techno. Ds is 4.5 yr, 44#, and the stroller is his safe place when he is overstimulated.

Would definelly like to see other higher weight strollers!!

Thanks,
Wendy

I am seriously thinking of getting the Joovy Groove it goes up to 55lbs and weighs 16lbs
http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_groove.php

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC