Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Regent Recline bar and seat belt question

In our car, we did get an excellent instll both ways with the recline bar. The recline bar sits in the bight of the seat though and doesn't "recline" it at all, although, surprisingly IS more stable than our already tight as heck install. Before we could move it aa tiny little hair...not even enough to measure and now we can't move it AT ALL. Not one iota! I absolutely HATE the LPB which we have to use right now, but I guess we gotta do what we gotta do. Is it ok if it is in the bight of the seat? Neither of us see anyway to move it up without bending it. We have it in a '03 Ford Taurus outboard passenger side. Also, is it possible to over tighten the seatbelts?? I don't think ours is, but DH wanted to try and tighten the belt more. It doesn't move at all as is.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Regent Recline bar and seat belt question

I can't answer your question about over tightening the seatbelt. If you can, mine are probably too tight. I did want to respond though because I also have an '03 Ford Taurus. Did you try at all in the center position? That's where my Regent has to go for all 3 seats to fit. I tried the sbp in the center earlier and I couldn't make it work but I didn't really try that hard. I don't need the sbp now but I'd like to know if it's possible. If you didn't no big deal. I just thought I'd ask.
    Cindy
    Mom to DS 3/10/04 Vivo and DD 3/27/10 in a Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by cindy1 View Post
    I can't answer your question about over tightening the seatbelt. If you can, mine are probably too tight. I did want to respond though because I also have an '03 Ford Taurus. Did you try at all in the center position? That's where my Regent has to go for all 3 seats to fit. I tried the sbp in the center earlier and I couldn't make it work but I didn't really try that hard. I don't need the sbp now but I'd like to know if it's possible. If you didn't no big deal. I just thought I'd ask.
    No we didn't. We don't use it in the middle, so we didn't bother. What seats do you have to use it 3 across? We have never been able to get 3 across with it. I would LOVE to know!

Carseat Crazy

Thanks anyway.

I have a Scenera rfing on the passenger side, Regent center and a Safeseat 1 on the driver's side. I had a hard time getting 3 across and I tried many different seats with no success. For some reason these 3 just mesh together really well.
    Cindy
    Mom to DS 3/10/04 Vivo and DD 3/27/10 in a Marathon