Need cheap RFing seat that is tall for Joey

fyrfightermomma

So Joey is pretty much done in his RA50s height wise. He is still only about 28 lbs so doesn't need a huge weight limit. But he has an uber tall torso.

I have one Radian left over from the girls that I wil use in my car which is used 95% of the time. But I need something for DH's car

However we are broke and another Radian is not happening. My only spare seats are a prosport and a booster so nothing there. And of course the girls only have FFing seats by this stage in their lives.
I need something crazy cheap, that is taller than the RA50 that will last us atleast 6-8 months when hopefully money is a bit better. I really don't want to FF him :(

ADS

melniemi

Trade something for a true fit? He seems a lot wider than your girls so it might work better. Otherwise a maxi cosi pria?

fyrfightermomma

Would an avenue get you any extra room? Or a complete air from swap, if someone has one?

Do they still make avenues? I have no idea if it's taller or not. I haven't seen one in years. I can look in swap for one. But still, once you pay shipping it's usually not worth it :(

I was hoping for someting under 50-70.

What cheap seats does Cosco make? Graco only has the my ride right? Evenflo is too expensive unless they have some cheap budget seat i'm forgetting.

This is so irritating. If he wasn't tall I could get a cheap Scenera but alas....he's a monster

fyrfightermomma

Trade something for a true fit? He seems a lot wider than your girls so it might work better. Otherwise a maxi cosi pria?

I could, but the prosport is my only spare seat and i wanna keep it just in case i need it for any reason (like long trips, unexpected carpool etc). My booster is a turbo so that won't get me anywhere lol.

Pixels

Avenue is the same as the RA50 or a tidge shorter.

Looking at the measurement database, there's not much taller than the RA50. CA and TF are about it. Some of the new Dorel seats might be taller (Pria), but probably too pricey.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
ya, unfortunately, i checked out the database too, and there isnt a lot out there taller than the ra50, and they are all expensive seats. radian, CA, TF. Nothing uber cheap is taller, I'm sorry. If you sell both RA50s you should be able to score a TF or CA.

NannyMom

What about an older Radian? I know there was someone that was willing to sell me a 2007 Radian for under $100. I think close to $80.

fyrfightermomma

NannyMom said:
What about an older Radian? I know there was someone that was willing to sell me a 2007 Radian for under $100. I think close to $80.

Doesn't look like I have many options. Good thing We have all these high weight options. Does a lot of good when my 28 lb kid can't use any of them :(

Not sure how selling my seats would work. I gotta have something to use in between

So frustrating. Guess ill keep my eyes peeled for deals

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Do you have a Greyhound station nearby?

I ask because they are cheap shippers, and once Kristen is home next week I'll have a Radian I can send you for shipping...

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you can trade one of the RAs for a CA or older RN, can you get by with the RN you have and the other RA -- or maybe even use the ProSport just for the amount of time you're waiting for mailing?

You also might find someone sympathetic who is willing to ship their seat out to you first... I know I would do that for many members here, if I wasn't in dire need of the new seat myself, kwim?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC