Oh lord the misuse!!

mollysw

I was on Facebook earlier and there was a thing to the side of "people I might know". Well I clicked on it and this one girl had a picture of her kid as her profile pic so I went to her album to see if I knew her. Well she had mostly pics of her son up. He is 2 and is riding in a booster seat!! In one pic he was in a high back but the seat belt didn't fit him well. In another pic he was in a no back with just a lap belt on!! There wasn't even a head rest behind him. Turned out I don't know her. I wish I hadn't even found her page:thumbsdown:

ADS

java

I look through people's albums on FB for pics of their kids in carseats....don't know why I do, it always just makes me mad! I found a girl I know who has a baby boy a little over a yr old. He was ffing in a seat back in april...so he had to be about 7 mths old! And the straps! Oh the straps!!! I have never seen straps so twisted! and the chest clip at his belly :(

Last edited:

mollysw

I do that too. One girl that I'm sorta friends with (online anyway)..I've only met her a few times. Had her 5 month old FF!! Said she was 20 pounds.
I told her it was illegal, not safe, etc. Didn't help. Her 3rd kid too.

Brianna

A FB "friend" put her 2 yo in a backless booster so I explained why he needed to be in a harness and recommended a Maestro. She posted a new pic of a him in a Chase? With the straps coming from behind him, just pretty much holding his arms down, straps twisted into a rope and a belly clip. I'm so afraid she'll get into a crash...

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I look through people's albums on FB for pics of their kids in carseats....don't know why I do, it always just makes me mad! I found a girl I know who has a baby boy a little over a yr old. He was ffing in a seat back in april...so he had to be about 7 mths old! And the straps! Oh the straps!!! I have never seen straps so twisted! and the chest clip at his belly :(
]

I'm pretty sure it is against the rules to put pictures of other people's children on here, even with the face blocked out.

I might be wrong, but even if not, Id be angry if I found out someone posted a picture of my child, even without their face there, on a forum. :twocents:

aetj115

Kac said:
I'm pretty sure it is against the rules to put pictures of other people's children on here, even with the face blocked out.

I might be wrong, but even if not, Id be angry if I found out someone posted a picture of my child, even without their face there, on a forum. :twocents:

Ditto....

java

deleted them...I didn't know it was against the rules here...it's not on the other forum I use.

Cath3114

One girl I'm friends with started boostering her daughter at 17 months.

My DD is 15 months, and I just sit there thinking "how the HELL does ANY parent think that's safe?!?!"

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
deleted them...I didn't know it was against the rules here...it's not on the other forum I use.

Copyright violations are likely against the rules almost everywhere on the internet, as they are a violation of state and federal laws. For that reason, along with privacy concerns, we generally do not allow members to post photos of other people's children without permission. Websites that allow such photos to be uploaded are likely not aware of the photos or of the legal consequences.

If the photo is public somewhere on the internet, then we often allow a link to the photo. Linking may be limited to our private forums, depending on the content of the thread. Craigslist/ebay/misuse photo threads are not usually suitable for our public forums in any case.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC