Is there anyone near/in Albuquerque NM w/Regent?

ZephyrBlue

The local baby store that sells the Regent won't let you try it in your vehicle before you purchase it :mad: (they don't have a floor model, either) and our BRU doesn't have them either, according to the guy I spoke with on the phone. If there's anyone near Albuquerque w/a Regent that wouldn't mind letting me play with their seat to see if I can get a good install, I'd really appreciate it. And if I can get it installed, I'd be happy to talk to a member here about buying their Madison Regent before I'll give any more $$ to Britax :mad: I've bought a Roundabout, Wizard, Husky, Companion, Marathon, Boulevard and Parkway from them, and I won't be buying another seat direct after the crap they're pulling now, but DD really hates her Apex (as do I) and the Regent is our best bet, if it'll work.

ADS

Niea

I'm in Albuquerque, but no Regent. . sorry :(

Have you tried USA Baby on Montgomery/San Mateo? The last time I went in there they sold some Britax seats and would let you try them in your car.

That's strange that BRU won't let you try it. Maybe because they don't have a floor model? I bought my Boulevard and Decathlon from them and they had no problem letting me take the floor model out ot my car.

ZephyrBlue

Hi Niea! :)

USA Baby went out of business- I drove past there last week and it's gone :eek: I read that they had an auction to liquidate all of their stock- apparantly there was some big scandal with them ordering furniture for people and then not producing the furniture :( and the attorney general got involved....

BRU doesn't have them- said they won't be getting them for another month. Baby Furniture on Menaul has them, but the lady I spoke with said that they don't have floor models and can't let you try them out in your vehicle unless you buy them first, ugh.

There's a store in Santa Fe that has them and will let you try before you buy, but I'm not crazy about the idea of driving all that way with 3 kids, and then trying to install it in 100 degrees, kwim?

Thanks for the reply, though, and it's nice to see someone else who actually cares about car seats in ABQ :D

Niea

Oh I totally hear you about driving to Santa Fe! I wouldn't want to do that by myself, let alone with 3 children in tow.

Yikes about USA baby! I had no idea. When DD was born 2 years ago, we bought her crib set there. . .took them nearly 3 mos to get it, but they did. I'm going to have to read up about them. :eek:

How about ordering from Target and returning it to the store if it doesn't work out? Looks like they have the Madison available: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...1/602-9819918-2645435?ie=UTF8&asin=B000R39GHS

And if the seat is for a boy and it ends up working out for you, maybe buy another cover or swap with someone?

Oh, and I totally hear you about someone caring about carseats in NM! You wouldn't believe how many people I see who don't care at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC