Regent Database of cars failing install with SBP w/recline bar and top tether

ADS

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
I have a 98 buick regal and so far can not for the life of me get it installed into the middle seat with the short belt path with the seat belt between the recline bar. The problem is the male end of the seat belt ends up under the recline bar.

ukfan78

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe w/ leather Captains chairs

Will not install SBP with or without recline bar :( Not that without matters now. Waiting on a call back from the "Team" that is figuring out what I need to do.....

I tried both captains chairs.

Melissa - who is officially seatless for now!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
'02 Chevy 2500 Silverado Crewcab in driver outboard. Belt stalk is to long even with 3 full twists.

Thank goodness we have a spare Parkway b/c that is what Kaylee is in for now in dh truck.

Michi

2004 Chevy Venture - both outboard positions and the middle (lapbelt) position in the center row.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
And please clarify install details in the "Installation Comments" field for your carseatdata entry, i.e., specify short belt path LATCH, long belt path LATCH, SBP lapbelt, LBP lap-shoulder belt, etc. These details are especially important now for Regent database entries, and the carseatdata submittal page's pull-down menu for installation type isn't currently set up for these details. :whistle:

MySillyKids

And please clarify install details in the "Installation Comments" field for your carseatdata entry, i.e., specify short belt path LATCH, long belt path LATCH, SBP lapbelt, LBP lap-shoulder belt, etc. These details are especially important now for Regent database entries, and the carseatdata submittal page's pull-down menu for installation type isn't currently set up for these details. :whistle:

Yep. Thats what i did.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Cool! We cross-posted, and I was just offering up a general suggestion and not picking on you. ;) Fast moving board, whew.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Re: Don't forget

Papooses, yes! Just know that they do take a while to add new data. The ownership changed hands.

I know :( But, I've been getting about 1-3 new questions on a daily-weekly basis now in their forums: people are checking the database.... I wish I had the power to edit the database :whistle:

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
2004 Nissan Quest middle captains chairs
Short belt path with recline bar (or without)

Will not work at all, I can't even get the lap portion of the belt somewhat tight.

(Latch with recline bar is better than Latch without bar)

Splash

2006 Mercury Monterey (Ford Freestar)
All three rear bench positions, no go. Not even remotely possible. Not trying the center captain's chairs because that's not an option anyway.

2006 Subaru Forester. Nowhere. It won't even fit in the car with the recline bar, and certainly won't install worth crap.

arly1983

1997 Ford F-150
Passenger outboard

05 Ford 500
Passenger outboard, center, Drivers outboard

2004 Ford Freestar
3rd row passenger outboard, center, and drivers outboard

mommy2jana

2004 Nissan Xterra
Passenger outbard, driver outboard and center
Movement between 3-5 inches at beltpath.

2000 BMW 323i
Passenger outboard, driver outboard, and center
Movement between 2-4 inches at beltpath.

2000 Chevy Venture
All seating positions (2 middle row outboard seats, middle row/middle seat-lap only, and 3rd row outboard seats) ...all seats are captain type seats without armrests on them though.

Momto1bigkiddo

1994 Ford Bronco XLT (full size)

ELR lap-shoulder belts rear outboard (meaning I have to use a locking clip), locking latchplate on the lap-only belt rear center. This is on a bench seat.
Tether anchors in both outboard positions.

I tried all positions using the short-belt-path installation, none were successful. (The long-belt-path installation outboard is ROCK SOLID however, just to note).

Britax Regent manufactured April 11, 2006.

:thumbsdown:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
OK this is weird. I either doing something different than others are doing or there is a difference in the Husky and the Regent that causes installation differences, because I can get the Husky SBP/RB rock solid in 2 of these cars ( 2004 Nissan Quest and 2004 Nissan Xterra) mentioned above with less effort than LBP.

Kimberly

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
So it's a no go in the 04 Freestar rear bench huh? My Regent is on the way and that is where DD usually is seated. Guess she'll be in the other captains chair... I know it fits there.

I also got a Regent solid in one of these cars, an 04 Tahoe, different year than listed.

ajweeks

07 Honda Odyssey--I haven't been able to get a good install with SBP and recline bar in either the captain's chairs or 3rd row outboard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC