Help with EB Designer 35

cpsaddict

My manager has a yellow/black Eddie Bauer Designer 35. I am trying to get a two piece chest clip on it. The harness is one long strap with an adjuster on one side on the back. The other side has the harness sewn onto a ring that snaps in, kind of like an Evenflo 3pt, except this is a 5pt. The adjuster side of the strap has a little button thing to keep it from going through the adjustor. Has anyone used this seat and is there anyway to get the harness tongues and old clip off the harness? Or are just going to have to make do with the one piece clip? Also, when rethreading the harness, does it go over the headrest adjustment bar or under? The headrest adjusts like the AO. They can't find the manual and this is different than the current models.

Thanks!

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
We need pictures!!!! Sorry I don't have much experiance with the 35 as it was discontinued I think several years ago.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My manager has a yellow/black Eddie Bauer Designer 35. I am trying to get a two piece chest clip on it. The harness is one long strap with an adjuster on one side on the back. The other side has the harness sewn onto a ring that snaps in, kind of like an Evenflo 3pt, except this is a 5pt. The adjuster side of the strap has a little button thing to keep it from going through the adjustor. Has anyone used this seat and is there anyway to get the harness tongues and old clip off the harness? Or are just going to have to make do with the one piece clip? Also, when rethreading the harness, does it go over the headrest adjustment bar or under? The headrest adjusts like the AO. They can't find the manual and this is different than the current models.

Thanks!

They should be able to request a replacement manual from dorel.

The little clip thing, can you unhook it and turn it sideways to fit it through the slot? I can't help in terms of re-threading it, but if there's a way to remove the harness, then that would have to be it. And I'd think the harness would have to be able to be at least partially removed in order to wash the cover...

I'd wait for the replacement manual if possible, otherwise just be very careful about watching how it's threaded right now and if there are any pictorials on the seat about putting it back together - a lot of times there are. :thumbsup:

cpsaddict

I got it all unthreaded by pushing the metal clip back through everything, so the cover could come off that way. I had to put it all back together last night so they could use it too take the baby home. It just seems as if there is no way to completely remove the harness from the seat. It is always attached to the seat through the adjuster.
I also cannot get a new manual because Dorel requires a model number and the seat has all the stickers, except that one. Maybe I need to hunt out a model number of a regular Cosco Designer35.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I got it all unthreaded by pushing the metal clip back through everything, so the cover could come off that way. I had to put it all back together last night so they could use it too take the baby home. It just seems as if there is no way to completely remove the harness from the seat. It is always attached to the seat through the adjuster.
I also cannot get a new manual because Dorel requires a model number and the seat has all the stickers, except that one. Maybe I need to hunt out a model number of a regular Cosco Designer35.

Evenflo seats can't have the harness completely removed either, and that's also how you unthread them to remove the cover or change harness height - except the clip is on the bottom of the strap and hooks onto the bottom of the seat, so you have to do each side seperately because the 5 pts are on 2 seperate adjusters.

That's strange that all the other stickers are there except that one. Do they have the base for it? The model # and DOM should also be on the base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC