10 month old girl which seat should i use?

Hi okay so i have a question. so i have a evenflo triumph car seat in my 2008 dodge grand caravan, and the weight rating on it is 30 lbs rf (i now that it was changed to 40lbs but the on the one i have it says 30 so that is what i'm going to go with because they may have made changes to make it go to 40 lbs) and the the only way i can get it in the van's bucket seat is that i had to fold up a blanket and put in the middle of the seat so that the middle matched the sides of the seat so that the nobs that tighten the straps aren't squished into the seat. Now i don't know if that is totally safe or not that is why i am asking this question, but the other seat i have is a Graco snugride 35 car seat that she still fits into she has about 2 1/2 in from the top of the car seat from her head, and this ones weight limit is 35 lbs. the graco one i would not have to use a blanket to install it. Sorry but i don't have a way of posting a picture all i have is a blackberry. so my question is which seat should i use? which one is safer?

I am thinking of putting the graco one back in until she is one or has totally out grown it. she shoulder in the snugride are still a little under the top slot or just at the straps. if she shoulders are above she has out grown it?

ADS

Brianna

okay ya i have the noddle in there but what i mean when i say i have a folded up blanket i mean between the bucket seat and the car seat not under the car seat. i have a noddle under the seat to get the right angle but i have a blanket between the back of the bucket seat and the "front" of the car seat (the car seat is still rear facing)

Last edited:

Baylor

jenniferpossberg said:
okay ya i have the noddle in there but what i mean i say i have folded up blanket i mean between the seat the car seat not under the car seat. i have a noddle under the seat to get the right angle but i have blanket between the back of the bucket seat and the "front" of the car seat (the car seat is still rear facing)

Can you take a pic with your phone?

auto-correct on the loose..

Kaitsmom

Im trying to picture what you mean. Is the blanket supporting the car seat? what is the blankets function in the installation? Is it under the car seat or next to it?

Brianna

If you have it in photobucket you can use the IMG link and just post that link directly into the reply. Or if you're using something else just let us know what site you're using and somebody can give you directions.

Baylor

jenniferpossberg said:
okay i think i got it work now

I am not tech savvy do everything takes me a couple tries. Is the seat braced against the blanket or can you pull it out?

the seat is not tethered on the back no. but the seat doesn't move i have in there o tight. i don't like my car seats to move at all they shouldn't move when they are installed is the way i go.

Baylor

jenniferpossberg said:
the seat is not tethered on the back no. but the seat doesn't move i have in there o tight. i don't like my car seats to move at all they shouldn't move when they are installed is the way i go.

They should not move more than 1 inch at the belt path when checked. Is installed with latch or seat belt?

Polola0628

OP, is it somewhat like this, or are the completely buried?
I have an 03 Sedona also and here is a picture of a EFTA installed; notice that yes, the knob adjuster is buried in the seat:
EFTAinstal001.jpg

Baylor

jenniferpossberg said:
with latch! i'm not good at installed car seats with a seat belt lol the latch i feel you get a tighter fit! but is it safe to the blanket there?:confused:

Do you have the seat in the right recline for rear facing? I can not understand why the blanket is there? Do you have the noodle in the night of the seat or under the seat itself.?

when it is installed without the blanket. it is worse than that! they are mushed into the side of the seat!!! so can't anyone answer my question is it safe to use the blanket in there or should i put the graco snugride back in there and just the leave the bucket in the van?

the blanket is there because the sides of the seat come out farther than the middle of the seat. so the blanket is there so the seat in level or flat. and yes it's the right recline position. but the blanket isn't there the nods are in mushed into the side of the seat, worse than the picture of the other car seat. so then i can't tighten the nods to get her in the car seat. so the blanket is there so the nods aren't pushed into the vans bucket seat! and the noddle is under the seat so it has the right angle of recline. so there is the blanket and the noddle

Last edited:

Polola0628

Do you have the seat in the right recline for rear facing? I can not understand why the blanket is there? Do you have the noodle in the night of the seat or under the seat itself.?

The knobs get buried in the sides of the vehicle seat so that she can't adjust the harness. The blanket is there to push the seat back a little further on the vehicle seat, so that the knobs are less buried and she can adjust the harness. Whether or not this is safe I'm not sure, I'll let a tech comment on that.

OP, if this isn't safe, and you're not interested in buying another seat, would you be able to just keep the harness the appropriate tightness all the time? I never adjust my kids harnesses when getting them out- we keep them at the same length/tightness, and we've had no problems.

no because she gets all mad and cry and sometimes doesn't want to get in it so if i loosen the straps its easier for me and her to get into the seat without to much crying and fussing and i have a graco snugride that i can always us until she out grows it and then i can go back to this car seat. so I'm hoping someone will know if this is safe or and not! and yes you got it right why the blanket is there!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC