Radian 65 vs Radian 80

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I know this has been covered before, but in my search I couldn't find it... Other than the weight limit, is there a difference b/t the 65 and 80? If so, what is it? Nolan will never made it to 80 lbs in that seat, but part of me is saying, "But if it's stronger, get it!" Help me from spending an extra $100 for no reason... :eek:

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I know this has been covered before, but in my search I couldn't find it... Other than the weight limit, is there a difference b/t the 65 and 80? If so, what is it? Nolan will never made it to 80 lbs in that seat, but part of me is saying, "But if it's stronger, get it!" Help me from spending an extra $100 for no reason... :eek:

We have heard 2 different things. That yes they are different & no they are not. To be honest they look exactly the same to me. I have looked both over with removing what I could of the cover and nothing looks different to me.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
So does this mean you are not looking for a Husky anymore?

Also, albeebaby has the 65 for 159.99

Arly - We're still considering the Husky for my Sienna. But it's not going to fit well in the Jeep. DH says he doesn't care about how big it is as long as Nolan's safest. However, DH wasn't out there when I tried to sit in the front seat! So we need to figure out which seat will go where...

ETA: When we went to BuyBuyBaby to try out the seats, the salesperson said the Radian 65 was being discontinued so they wouldn't be able to get one in... ? I had not heard of that before. Anyone else know about that?

arly1983

Arly - We're still considering the Husky for my Sienna. But it's not going to fit well in the Jeep. DH says he doesn't care about how big it is as long as Nolan's safest. However, DH wasn't out there when I tried to sit in the front seat! So we need to figure out which seat will go where....

Ok, I completely understand

My DH is not happy at the moment because with the recline bar on the regent, and him driving (seat pushed all the way back) Jackson has no foot room and is pushing on his seat and kicking his arm (and that is in the van:eek: ).....

We are supposed to spend the day in Savannah thursday(with two diff docs) and I think I am going to have to take the regent out completely and turn the BV for J.....

Poor DH, he can sit in front of Camille because even very upright he doesnt have enough leg room and now he is having problems sitting in front of Jack-Jack....I guess I need to go try the Regent 3rd row center...I know it will not work outboard because he had no (and I mean about 4 ins) foot room outboard with no recline bar...

I think I might go get a scenera for Camille to RF in and just use the BV FFing untill I can figure something else out....

LuvMyGirls

As I understand it, the 80 is stronger on the inside but they are the same on the outside. Since my 9 year old is right at 65 pounds and still just fits in the Radian, I am getting the 80 for my 13 month old because she is a little shorter. She may fit in it a little longer than my 9 year old and may be a little over 65 pounds when she outgrows it by height. The price on the 80 was dropped on 7/1 to $250 so it's now just $50 more for the stronger seat.

(A few years ago, I'd have been saying there is no way Kaylan would make 65 pounds. I have been very surprised by her growth in the past few years. She has always been tall and skinny. At 3 she was 30#, 4 - 34#, 5 - 40#, 6 - 46#, 7 - 52#, 8 - 57#, and 9 - 66# and 53". She wore a 2T shorts until she was 5. She is now in a size 7/8 with size 10 tops for length.)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
As I understand it, the 80 is stronger on the inside but they are the same on the outside.

That's what I thought I read somewhere... Doesn't make sense that they'd make the same seat slightly stronger, does it? Oh well. We can't buy one right now so I have until the end of the month to think about it - LOL! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC